Bait making

Roy

Amazing work, there is definitely an art to it.

Speaking of Art, some of us have seen some of Roy's other Art skills on canvas.

I know this is a lure making thread, but I'd love to see some Roy's other Art as well. Its been a while. :)

Thanks for all the comments on the flies folks.

Here's my first attempt at making my first wood reel seat for a float rod (I know it's not bait/lure making, but it is totally fishing related).

It is only in the rough stages at the moment and needs to be refined somewhat but overall I think not bad for a first go at wood turning. :)

first_seat.JPG

Chris! Dat's bootiful! At first I did think it was a tunable duck call though. :) I'm planning my next Rod order though.

Hopefully I'll have it perfected at that time Roy. Just to note the front reel foot hood on these type of seats is hidden beneath the cork like this.....

wayne3.JPG

Thanks for all the comments on the flies folks.

Here's my first attempt at making my first wood reel seat for a float rod (I know it's not bait/lure making, but it is totally fishing related).

It is only in the rough stages at the moment and needs to be refined somewhat but overall I think not bad for a first go at wood turning. smile.gif

first_seat.JPG

Amazing work Chris. I have seen some of your rods in person, and the finishing is true artwork in itself.You should post a few pics here, i'm sure others would love to see the detail you put into these rods.

Amazing work Chris. I have seen some of your rods in person, and the finishing is true artwork in itself.You should post a few pics here, i'm sure others would love to see the detail you put into these rods.

Thanks Paul, appreciate it.

Lot's of my rod pictures have floated around the board over the years and a few are available in the "Members Business Directory."

Thanks Paul, appreciate it.

Lot's of my rod pictures have floated around the board over the years and a few are available in the "Members Business Directory."

I'm still waiting for mine... ; :whistling:

That is some stellar wood with there Chris! :worthy:

Dang I thought that by Monday night there would be a lot of different bait makers posting here it could be a great thread lets see what ya all got

I would but am not very savvy with the puter, so taking pics of the 10 to 14 inch deep diving musky baits, 8 inch jerk baits etc that I make and uploading them, for all to see is out of my league, hench why I do not post fish pics as well, what is the easiest way to do that and I would love to give it a shot, some are very similar to Roys though, cant go wrong with an oversized wooden Jake, and the jointed Pikie look a likes

I would but am not very savvy with the puter, so taking pics of the 10 to 14 inch deep diving musky baits, 8 inch jerk baits etc that I make and uploading them, for all to see is out of my league, hench why I do not post fish pics as well, what is the easiest way to do that and I would love to give it a shot, some are very similar to Roys though, cant go wrong with an oversized wooden Jake, and the jointed Pikie look a likes

make a photobucket account (it's free) and you upload them to a folder there. you can make as many folders as you need then you just copy and paste the image code >> [ img ]http...... << (no spaces) of the pick and post in a report.

Edited by GBW