Fishing with my mum. We laughed a lot!

limeyangler

Hi all,

My folks are over from England for 10 days. My dad could care less about fishing but mum insists on going out when she is here. She has only ever fished once before in her life and that was when she visited here 3 years ago....i think we were both surprised and pleased that my love of fishing was after all a genetic phenomenon!

Anyhow, i went to that little local lake i have been at all month. I have been catching litterally hundreds of small pike so thought it would be fun to put her on fish non stop with the easy technique of trolling spinners and minnows. The plan worked and we had a blast catching pike after pike with a few perch thrown in.

Mum also got a nice walleye which she was very pleased about, and we left with 4 nice fat walleye too! She tells me she is definitely up for a trip to Lac Seul. I warned her that it is a pretty bumpy ride up there....lol....she said..."I have to do it so i can say i did"....love it.

HERE IS THE VIDEO

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O-hsTWcfEis" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SOME PICS

IMG_4505.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

IMG_4510.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

- what a great way to make memories to last a lifetime for both of you. Bet she'll be tellin that story back in the pubs for years - and all the local anglers be " You caught HOW many pike?" Dont forget to send some pics home with her thumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks for the replies folks...yup...i'm definitely enjoying them being here...and having mum enjoy what i like is a definite bonus!

She's already out fished many on this board... :whistling:

LOL..hey BB....until a late flurry of walleye for me she was kickin' my butt too!