How did you do this past spring and summer?

ccmtcanada

How was your Spring and Summer 2011?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get out as much as usual this year?

• A LOT more than usual!!
    • Other commitments kept me off the water more than usual....
    • About my average number of trips
  2. 2. How were the numbers per trip?

• About average for me...
    • WAYYYY down
    • A lot better than usual!
  3. 3. Did you catch a PB in any species?

• Yes I did!! (post a pic in this thread if you did)
    • Yes I did, but uhhh....I forgot my camera
    • Nope..but it's still out there!

So, how was your 2011 soft water season? Did you get out as much as you usually do or did other commitments keep you off the water or shoreline? How would you rate the fishing overall? Were the numbers there compared to your average? If you caught a PB, post a pic for all to see again! Share some thoughts here!

I didn't get out nearly as much as I would have liked too...a little more than last year and a lot LESS than a few years ago. Overall the fishing has been below average for me...numbers per trip way down for me. I did however work on bass fishing and managed to improve a little there!

I'm looking forward to fall...to play with the trib steelhead, hopefully a few big walleye, and a nice chunky fall muskie!

Oh Ya...Its been a good season !!!! Since i got my new boat, this has been my nest year everclapping.gif

IMGP1295.jpg

IMGP1319.jpg

Got my first Musky ever.That was a sweet day indeed.

muskie3a.jpg

My personal Best Walleye

HPIM1822.jpg

Got to eat some fresh walleye

HPIM1828.jpg

Did some great LMB fishing

IMGP1383.jpg

HPIM1784.jpg

Pike were always in the picture

IMGP1329.jpg

Ahhhh Perch

HPIM1794.jpg

Busted a propwallbash.gif

IMGP1386.jpg

Yup, its been a great year so far, but its not over yet.

Good year overall. Average number of trips, maybe slightly less due to some house repairs/reno.

Got to fish some new water, and, did manage one PB...big greasy 31 1/2" laker

DSCN0693.jpg

Time for some perch, my favorite fish to eat, then bring on those November steelies!!!!!

Also hit a numbers PB for walleye...37 in one day. Amazing what those northern waters can cough up.

Edited by FRANKIE65

Are you involved in marketing Cliff? :)

Regarding the last question, what if you already have gargantuan pb's for all species? B)

Mike...you know what I do for a living lol, but this is for pure interest sake!

And regarding the PB, if you didn't get any you shoud have chose "I forgot my camera"!!!

Hmmm....no true pb's for me this year...but managed to get out a fair bit. Pretty much every weekend, which sounds like a lot, but only a few hours a day here and there. It wasn't as much as back in the day when I was a teenager with no job and all summer to fish....but..considering I'm married with 2 kids...I did allright :D

I did however manage to rekindle my love of bass fishing and learn a few new techniques, after spending the last couple seasons trolling for lakers. Actually.....maybe there was a pb....got a 26" laker...not my biggest ever, but my biggest trolling so far. Also fished my first tournament...it was just for fun with a few guys...but there were real bassboats involved, and competing against other fishermen was awesome...changed the way I worked the water for the rest of the year.

Took a car-camping trip to Temagami that was a bit of a letdown fishing-wise, although I watched my cousin absolutely shatter his pb pike with a nice wide 36"er...that was awesome.

Will get out a handful of more times up in Muskoka/Minden, plus one killer trip for stocked, year-round brookies in October...that has potential to be the highlight of the year...so I'm totally fine to let summer hurry up and end!

252582_10150299543526201_595006200_9508846_1586236_n.jpg

267599_10150307735446201_595006200_9563024_1681298_n.jpg

269823_10150307933811201_595006200_9565602_7388679_n.jpg

263584_10150318183041201_595006200_9668633_2142362_n.jpg

282035_10150328623556201_595006200_9775496_2787846_n.jpg

185560_10150345152546201_595006200_9962500_1714599_n.jpg

I don't fish nearly as much as I used to, I just seem to have alot of other stuff going on these day. I used to average around 70-100 muskies a year so maybe I just wore myself out :lol:

This is my largest fish so far this year but BIG fish season is starting and we do a few fall trips every year to BIG fish waters, both in Eastern and Southwestern Ontario.

029.jpg

Edited by lew

Fished around home (Buckhorn & Chemong) about the same as most years with a couple camping trips (Lakair & Crotch) thrown in.

Overall, I'd say it was a pretty good year. Although no PBs were caught, except for my buddy's 7lb pickerel on Chemong, most times out we caught some quality fish, especially for bass with lots of 3 1/2 to 5 pounders over the summer.

We always struggle for fish in the fall, but soon it'll be time for jumbo perch off the dock in the evenings with always the chance for a big pickerel looking for a snack. We usually don't catch much but a good excuse for a fire and some beer.

had a great summer, got to do a lot of fishing in a rock quarry so i got pretty spoiled, but still got some decent fish back at my parents in the kawarthas.

CANT WAIT to get out on kempenfelt for some late season smallies!

5lb smallie from shore.

308008_10150291591747838_501512837_7791176_5973912_n.jpg

4lb largie

294543_10150286322702838_501512837_7743827_2702617_n.jpg

these bottom 3 are the same 6lb HOG cool.gif

268415_10150255783912838_501512837_7439019_1110834_n.jpg264870_10150253862287838_501512837_7418888_8352142_n.jpg270229_10150253842917838_501512837_7418703_5205759_n.jpg

So far this year has been a not so good one...Cold spring kinda put a kibosh on the crappy fishing and the carp afterwards was a bust at the point this year...I think CPH caught the only one there...My back and legs have been giving me a lot of grief so never got the Tin of Beans in the water but I doubt I would have used it much during those real hot summer days...the only luck I had was at my friend Ron's swims for carp...best day I hooked five and landed two and the day there with Meely, Zen, and Maribeth we hooked four and landed two...Yesterday I was skunked for the first time since last June but I got to be net man for a new chap who has netted most of mine the past six weeks so I guess that is fair...The nice part about fishing at Ron's is parking beside the river and not having to cart all our gear for a long distance...too bad it isn't closer to Bobcaygeon (50 kms)...I usually fish there when I have another excuse that takes me to P'boro like yesterday's doctor appointment...

Not sure if this was a PB as the picture does not show how thick it was across the shoulders...

For me it was a very slow year fishing wise.... Early spring I always target speckles cause it's the only species that is open and always look forward to a nice snack lol

Caught lots of them this year but were on the small size... between 6" and 8" for the most part. I did manage a PB laker 24" which was nice and a PB whitie 22" B)

A few SMB's and LMB's and that is about it for this season... Now that fall is coming, I'll be looking for another kind of PB... the kind with 4 legs and fur ;):lol:

Leechman

P.S. Edited to say: Check the tournament section for my 2 PB's

Edited by Leechman

For our (13 yr old son and myself) first real fishing season, I'd say we fished quite a bit. Not the numbers quantity wise like some of you but learned our fair share.

Bought a guide pontoon in the early spring and wasn't able to get her into the water due to a crappy May, but once we did it was like both days each weekend. Mainly smaller

lakes and reservoirs. I would have to say the young guy has a knack or passion for the sport. Outfishes me and the buddies this year, and looks like the patience is setting in.

Blow by blow of the season.

Ice fishing mainly Simcoe. This season we are all geared up with hut on order and new heater (we're wussies in the cold)

WaterFalls Lodge trip-great LMB/SMB/and pike. 3.5 days of complete fishing.

Rice Lake walleye opener, brought home 8 between a couple guys and many SMB that went back in

L Ont charter ended up bringing in plenty of salmon and rainbows. Kid got the largest again just under 30lb or so.

Island Lake, Scugog, Mounstberg, Valens, Ken Whillans, we hit them all multiple times. Would have to say majority of fish were pike and LMB.

Thanks to fellow member Roger, spent almost a full week up at his beautiful cottage fishing SMB and pike to end off August. Kid won the min derby we there too.

Been hitting the Grand and Credit as of late with good success. SMB and freshwater tarpon (mooneyes I was told) on the Grand.

Beautiful browns on the credit.

that leaves us with steelies for the fall.

enjoy the rest of the season, might post up some pics later on if I can.

Spring pike and trout has been amazing for me this year.Bass fishing has been fun with great numbers of fish averaging 20 fish per day. A few good fish over 4 # to be had but not the size that I had last year. Still lots of time for the fall giants. I fished 5 new lakes this year which is always fun , challenging and exciting. I will post a year end re-cap when the open water season comes to an end. Hope everybody has a great fall.

This year got off to a very slow start while the boat was in the shop. Then Dad past away, finally hit the water mid June. Slow start with smaller fish but some numbers. A trip to Eddie's on Beateau Lake helped get the size and numbers up. :) Smaller fish seems to have been my theme since then for some reason. Haven't had the drive to fish as much or as often this year and have missed a few weekends. Normally missing a day on the water would drive me crazy, this year, not so much. Hoping for a banner fall season though. :good:

So far, this has been a great season for me and my family! Itès just getting to the good part of the season, so were far from done yetthumbsup_anim.gif

Its been a numbers year though, for the most part. I got a PB pike, which I was really stoked on, since I just started taking pike fishing seriously this year.

Ive been out fishing just as much as last year, maybe 150 times thumbsup_anim.gif.

This year I wanted to focus on some new techniques, which I did. I also refined some older ones! And, I wanted to take two of my boys out more and let them try alot of new things now that their getting better and better as anglers. Basically this year I was letting them pick cranks to fish, last year, they didnt get to do that very often. All my kids got PB of some kind, which is awesome. And they got to see some different species, like sunfish, crappie, rock bass, lakers and bluegill. Oh yeah, sturgeon as well.

My proudest moment this year was my oldest boy landing a 6lb laker from hit to finish! Made me very proud. Still waiting on the pics from his grandma though.

Its been a great year thus far. Now its time for big walleye and feedbag smallies!