Towing through Toronto on 401

scugpg

When you pay for my gasoline I'll drive in whatever lane you want...until then, I will stay in the SAFE middle lane... ;)

You think the middle lane is safe? Or any lane for the matter? LOL

I drive these roads daily (Over 1000kms per week), there is no safe lane :)

I can't resist

SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT

KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS.

Do these sound familiar? How many failed thier driving test because they did not do this.

People who claim "I am doing the speed limit" in the middle lane have no idea how damngerous they are making it out there.

I know the limit is 100 klm, and if evryone did it it would be great. But until then. SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT !!!

regards

Just use common sense. The great thing about Toronto traffic is people are not afraid to "communicate" their feelings. Lights flashing, horn honks and cutting you off are the gentle ways they let you know you are annoying people on the road!

It's not like towing in say, Los Angeles, where there is gunplay on the freeway at times!

or try driving in China where the words 'rules of the road' haven't found their way into the driving school lexicon biggrin.gif

It's an interesting experience being in a cab with the driver passing on the OUTSIDE of a curve at around, I dunno, 120 or so with full on traffic. Makes drivers in Rome seem downright sensible

One thing I like doing in traffic.Is when i come up to a merge lane,I go very slow make a huge gap in front

of me.Then some one from the middle lane will pull into the right lane screwing up the people coming in from the merge lane.

This in turn will stop the merge lane traffic from cutting across lanes opening up middle lane.Then into the middle lane

I go getting around the merging traffic.

I have over 3 million k driving in T.O and there's still times I find it fun to drive in heavy traffic.

On all king' hi-way's,You must allow the the other car in,if they are making a proper indicated lane change.It's the law.

[quote name='BillM' date='16 September 2011 - 08:47 AM' timestamp='1316177238'

I drive these roads daily there is no safe lane :)

Sure there is! some deserted back roads, parallel to a river ( can't name river here) at 5:00 am, sun coming up, tunes on, birds singing, (late april) images of trout under log-jammed banks. Oh the memories . . . .

WHAT 401 towing!

Talking about how to drive is like talking about religion...but I'm jumping in! I freaking HATE it when stubborn, ignorant people that sit in the middle lane while vehicles are passing them on both sides. What's worse are the people in the far left lane that figure "I'm doing the speed limit so why should I move?" Grrrrrr. If your being overtaken by other cars, move to the right! Ever wonder why it's illegal to overtake a car on the right in some european countries? It's dangerous that's why...a move to the right should always be reserved as a safe direction. Not here though.

Last month I saw a car sitting in the left lane during very light traffic and a police cruiser pulled up behind it. I thought "Finally!" Nope...cruiser moved to the middle lane with no signal, passed on the right and then for no reason moved back to the left lane even though there was no one around. Awesome, people don't have a clue, cops don't either.

Ok...done with the rant...go ahead jump all over it. smile.gif

110% correct. The reason why traffic is so bad is because of all the ignorant drivers in the WRONG lanes. Its a butterfly effect which I see happen on a DAILY basis. This is a fact, watch and pay attention the next time your on ANY highway, one person in the wrong lane will end up making MULTIPLE drivers swerve to avoid or pass on either side making a wall of three cars momentarily and causing all cars in vacinity to react. The same as well for the second worse drivers the ones who sit in the passing lanes and aren't passing anyone, this means MOVE OVER. This theory is sound I see it every day and is the root of all the gridlock traffic, its not volume as some may think. Anyways sorry for the rant.