GoPro Camera

Pikeslayer

Well, the last couple of weeks have been kind fishing wise, but expensive on lost gear wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif . My latest casualty was my Sanyo HD camera/video recorder.

So, I am really interested in looking at/purchasing the GoPro system. I know a few members here use them and I like the quality of video/photos posted. Also, I like the idea that I can strap the camera to my head so I won't lose it tease.giftease.gif .

I went to the GoPro website but cannot find any local dealers in the GTA. I'd really like to physically see this unit before laying out the $$$$.

Can anyone provide any further information/advice?? I am rather anxious to move on this.

Thx to all in advance of you assistance.

Slayer

Yup they all have them. To add to the list, don't go to box stores, go to local bike shops and hiking stores. They are sold at the same price, even though the small guys pay more for them. I know as I do sell them myself.

You will be very pleased with it. Very easy to use and versitile. If you have any questions feel free to message me.

Well, the last couple of weeks have been kind fishing wise, but expensive on lost gear wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif . My latest casualty was my Sanyo HD camera/video recorder.

So, I am really interested in looking at/purchasing the GoPro system. I know a few members here use them and I like the quality of video/photos posted. Also, I like the idea that I can strap the camera to my head so I won't lose it tease.giftease.gif .

I went to the GoPro website but cannot find any local dealers in the GTA. I'd really like to physically see this unit before laying out the $$$$.

Can anyone provide any further information/advice?? I am rather anxious to move on this.

Thx to all in advance of you assistance.

Slayer

Check your messages.

On a personal note, when Simon lost his camera, (and I DO sympathise), the picture of my very first ever number 1 salmon was lost. :wallbash: Not only that it was a heck of a nice unit!

I hope the go-pro works well for you Simon!

I posted earlier about a similar camera at Costco for 199. Take a look and Google search for comparisons and reviews against the GoPro. The video is really good on this one 1080p at 30fps or 720p at 6-fps. It also has a screen for viewing the video on the camera.

Neat underwater action camera at Costo Barrie

Edited by Canuck

Hey Canuck, that is a cool camera. I like that it comes with all the mounts and is half the price of the GoPro, and goes to 20 meters! It has a 130 FOV which will have minimal distortion and chromatic abberation that plagues the GoPro with a fish eye 180 FOV. The file format for the Extreme will work in most edit software as well. I have used a GoPro for a year now and I don't like it much due to the distortion and having to spend hours converting video that I can use. I just did a review thread on these cameras, but I haven't seen this one yet that you mentioned. I'll keep that one in mind when I'm looking to buy a new compact underwater video camera next year. The only ting I don't like is the micro SD cards rather than a standard card, but the ContourHD that I am looking at also uses the micro SD cards. Great find, wonder if they have them at the Costco in Burlington...

Hey Canuck, that is a cool camera. I like that it comes with all the mounts and is half the price of the GoPro, and goes to 20 meters! It has a 130 FOV which will have minimal distortion and chromatic abberation that plagues the GoPro with a fish eye 180 FOV. The file format for the Extreme will work in most edit software as well. I have used a GoPro for a year now and I don't like it much due to the distortion and having to spend hours converting video that I can use. I just did a review thread on these cameras, but I haven't seen this one yet that you mentioned. I'll keep that one in mind when I'm looking to buy a new compact underwater video camera next year. The only ting I don't like is the micro SD cards rather than a standard card, but the ContourHD that I am looking at also uses the micro SD cards. Great find, wonder if they have them at the Costco in Burlington...

It is really cool. Here is a short video my daughter shot in the pool to test it out. This is only at 720p, not 1080. Its really clear and the sound quality underwater it pretty amazing too. AT $199 its a bargain. I know they had them at Costco in Calgary earlier this month, but not in Mississauga. I got mine in Barrie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px78PBo-vsU&feature=player_profilepage

Will try it in the lake this weekend and post some other video, hopefully of some fish.

Here is another video I took snorkeling in Nottawasaga Bay off the cottage with the ATC9K camera. This was shot at 1080p but Youtube takes it down to 720p. There is a big rock in about 15 ft of water with the top about 4 feet down. There are sometimes SM Bass around and under it, but not this day. The little fish around the bottom are gobies (of course). The zebra mussels are much fewer since these guys showed up. Sorry for the "monkey cam" shakiness- its hard to swim and hold a camera at the same time. You can hear me breathing through the snorkel. The sound quality of the mic is really good underwater. I took some other video at the dock in the marina but the water was so murky it did not turn out good at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXfQ27eySP4