fishing with dad

Handlebarz

Well dad got a break from his chemo for the summer and into October so we finally had some time on the water. Last year we did not get out at all as he was on Chemo for 9 months then went into the hospital for September and some of October so this trip was long over due. We did not head out early he was here around 5:45 and we hit the water around 6:30 we went after some eye's with no luck I had two follow to the boat as well as a smallie we had alot of fish hitting but could not get the hookups. Dad also wanted to get some musky time in I did everything I could to get a fish then I pulled my hail marry and it worked even though it was small maybe 30" it was a musky. I like the hail marry it has put some nice fish in the boat but I think this little guy was my second favorite as it might be the last time dad and I get out musky fishing even this little guy took some work for dad to get in but it was a great day for us both.

here is dad getting some weeds off his line

00878c7f.jpg

Dad looking at his little guy

f2e8c0f8.jpg

Dad and I with is little guy I had forgotten my large tri pod but always have a extra small one in my supply bag.

40cbf4d2.jpg

Thanks everyone I know how these days mean more then the ones from years ago I am just lucky to have him here still, we want to get out a bunch more it all depends on the weather but with the fall approaching the fish will be moving in closer so we can get out more with out all the running like we did today we put on about 18 miles running and gunning from spot to spot to get something to go.

For the ones who lost there fathers I can not imagine how that feels and for the ones who still have them pleas take the time with them.

Short story (Ok for me any way) It was kinda nice today when we were heading up the river today on our way home there was a father about my age that lives on the river he was on there riding mower with his 6-8 year old son that was sitting in front of him driving. our eyes met and we both smiled it was very cool I bet he was thinking the same thing I was how cool it is that with the years of difference in age but we were both doing the same thing father/son bonding time.

Hears to good fishing everyone