Lynx/Pics

GbayGiant

As usual I don't have the story but it's still nice to look at. :D "These pictures were taken west of Cynthia Alberta Tuesday afternoon at 3PM. Cats paid no attention to our truck. " According to my reliable sources. :lol:

▐αΣΓ╘▌╓ = translation- I need another moosehead, this snow is depressing.

gallery_322_145_71811.jpg

gallery_322_145_12705.jpg

gallery_322_145_29866.jpg

gallery_322_145_49035.jpg

I've seen a few in this neck o' the woods. Unfortunately I never had a camera handy when I did. Most times I've seen them were in low light conditions anyhow. Only once spotted one playing in mid-afternoon. My father and I were hunting grouse along the Boland River north of town and on the way back out we spotted this guy bouncing in and out of the ditch. Must have been hunting mice and didn't pay us any attention at all. We shut off the truck and sat and watched for about 20 minutes.

Saw one for the very first time in my life while approaching Red Cedar Lake (Temagami area) last summer. It was nightime but I got a very good view of it with my headlights as got I got closer. Wife was with me and she saw it too. I'm still awestruck.

In all my years of working and camping/fishing in the Northern Ontario woods I've met face-to-face with every 4-legged native species you can name except the cougar.

Of them all the lynx is hands -um paws down- the most beautiful animal of them all.

Thanks for sharing, 'Giant.