32.4 lb King 08.14.11

Pikeslayer

Took out my son-in-law and the outlaws (his parents) on LO yesterday. After a not great day prior (due to motor/equip malfunctions), I was looking for redemption. Based on the recent previous outings, I had a program and was determined to stick with it.

We got a late start as the outlaws were a little late rising. Anyways, on the water @ 7:30, waypoints @ 8:00 and all six lines in by 8:15. We stayed clear of the packs and shared our 'zone' with maybe 3-4 other boats. We were marking huge (I mean really huge bait balls) every 10/15 minutes. I marked each with a wp and had a new route programmed into the Lowrance. We had a few shakers (released) in the first 30 minutes.

First good fish came at approx 9:00. Here's a short clip (camera battery was low wallbash.gif and wanted to preserve power for something significantwhistling.gif ).

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UXBTXgR6nIY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was a solid 10 minute fight and weighed in @ 16.9 lbs. A quick torpedo back in the water, no upgrade = no picture.

Next 60 minutes was more shakers and a few knock offs & a nice 6 lb bow, but we stuck to the program. 10:15 we got a monster hit of the port wire line, but it broke off. At the same time, we were changing spoons on the riggers and lost the Moor Sub Troll probe & topedo weight due to a kink in the line??? I took it in stride, but now we were fishing blind and the winds had turned and came from the east. We stuck with the known depths, maintained our route and carried on (with 2 less lines in the water).

10:30 am port side wire fires again, outlaw Steve is up. The dipsey was set 150' back. When the fish stopped peeling wire, there was 390' feet of wire between Steve and a big fish.sad.gifohmy.gifsad.gif

Here's a short clip (batteries wallbash.gif ) just about the time the wire stopped singing;

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b_eZ0V2Udtg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So 20 minutes later, not withstanding some tense drama and a challenging net job off the stern, the King came to Daddy. Here's Steve's "4 lbs maybe 5"

SANY0088.jpg

A little assistance was required to torpedo the fish back in the water.

SANY0090.jpg

32.4 lbs on a rapala electronic hand scale. The first tyee everthumbsup_anim.gifclapping.gif for our 'crew'.

It's 11:00 am after the adventure is over. Waves and winds had picked up substantially and it was time to head back to port. It was a relatively short day on the water but certainly one of the most memorable ever.

As mentioned, this was a 'pricey' fish;

Lost torpedo weight..............$35.00

Lost probe unit.....................$190.00

Fish of a lifetime.........................................

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slayer

ps. How the heck can I get the actual youtube video on the post????????????????

Edited by pikeslayer

When you are writing your post (or doing an edit using the full editor), choose HTML ON auto linebreak and paste the embed code into your report....good luck!

Thanks for the help. I tried but then the url was lost?? This is the link I am attempting to past

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b_eZ0V2Udtg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hoping one of the mods see this and can maybe fix it and send some dummy instructions.

Thx,

Slayer

Edited by pikeslayer

Thanks for the help. I tried but then the url was lost??

Hoping one of the mods see this and can maybe fix it and send some dummy instructions.

Thx,

Slayer

I'll show you how to embed the code for a seat in your boat one day...LOL!!! Really enjoy your reports!

Very Nice -. Congrats.

There must have been a fish in the lake with wire cutters on Sunday - cause I lost a ball too?! Wire looked fine when it went down, and was cut clean as whistle when it came up. No fraying, just sliced - but waited until I hit the retrive to part company .

Sweet... I'm so pumped for Sunday with you... That fish is huge...

I marked the wp where we released it Mike. I'm pretty sure it will be there Sunday.

Fantastic!!!! Good going...too bad about the lost equipment...but wow what a fish!! :D

Put out an SOS to John @ Tightlines. He came through big time. Worth every hundred!!

:worthy:

Hope you and Ryan can make it out Dan.

Theres another one of those 'Holy Cows' !!!

Thats a ton of fish Simon !!!! Congrats

Holy Cow, didn't quite cover it Paul :whistling:

Make it 2 seats, we can split the gas Cliff. :D Great report and an AWESOME fish!!! Congrats!!

You might have to sit on Cliff's lap.

Awesome fish. I have yet to crack the 30 mark. You guys must have been stoked up pretty good.

The outlaw will be stoked all week. Actually, so will I.

Keep this up and you'll soon be "the goto guy for LO"! great report and nice pictures! WTG

Thx Cliff. I'm happy being the go to guy for Marianne.