Walleye after work

limeyangler

Got out again with my new fishing buddy Cliff.

This time to a very small local 'pond'.

Cliff was doubtful of the venue choice given that it's so small, practically in town with easy access. I too was sceptical about this lake when it was introduced to me 4 years ago....lol....and after Cliff got his second fish not 10 minutes after we started which measured 26" those doubts faded.

We started off with walleye spinners and minnows. I had hammered bronze blade and Cliff had a psychedelic day glow perch pattern blade...he got the big fish...nuff said.

When we switched to jigs I was using minnows and leeches, he was using minnows with a chunk of night crawler, I got most of the fish when we were jigging, minnows seemed to be king, however, the last fish caught was a beauty 27" which again went to Cliff....it fell for a piece of night crawler Cliff had put on to try and catch a few of the numerous big perch we were catching.

The fish were in the 11' to 12'FOW range, in or around the tall cabbage. The lake probably averages around 8' deep with one spot that gets to around 18' deep.

Cliff has fixed the starter on his ATV and we should be hitting up a more remote lake on Monday...till then here's some pics and video of last night's fishing.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ST5e5qjqCJY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_3983.jpg

IMG_3982.jpg

IMG_3990.jpg

IMG_3997.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

Wow! Some real beauts for such a shallow lake. I have friends with cabins on lakes of similar depth and they are convinced the fishing is bad because the lakes are too shallow. I will have to pass this along :thumbsup_anim:

and here I go on a fly-in to catch fish like that

time to rethink my fishing

nice fish

You may have point here Terry.

Let's plan an invasion on Simon's house. We could hide in the bushes and wait till he comes out to go fishing, follow him to the lake and then jump him after puts the boat in the water waving fake badges and taking possession of all of his fishing equipment and boat. Use it for a few hours and then give it back. Much cheaper then a fly in and all equipment and bait is supplied! :w00t:

Very nice report Simon! :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by fishnsled

and here I go on a fly-in to catch fish like that

time to rethink my fishing

nice fish

Thanks for all the replies guys.

You make a point i often wonder about Terry.

I know there are some pretty phenomenal 'fly-in' destinations, but sometimes i find myself checking out fly-in websites and reports and cant help feeling a little sorry for the guests paying what they did for what they got....fishing wise.

I get the whole wilderness experience thing, and having a lake all to yourself....still...sometimes i wonder. :Gonefishing:

Awesome stuff....gotta love the overlooked lakes like that. Do you ever hit it thru the ice?

LOL...errrm....yes.

In fact i fished that lake on the ice before i ever did in a boat....lets just say i did not know much about fishing then.....let alone ice fishing.

I started at the point where it is only 3 feet deep...and thick weeds even in winter. I am surprised we even caught the 2 perch we did that day!

Thanks for all the replies guys.

You make a point i often wonder about Terry.

I know there are some pretty phenomenal 'fly-in' destinations, but sometimes i find myself checking out fly-in websites and reports and cant help feeling a little sorry for the guests paying what they did for what they got....fishing wise.

I get the whole wilderness experience thing, and having a lake all to yourself....still...sometimes i wonder. Gonefishing.gif

They could fly-in and land on your lake?