I luuuv garlic

bigugli

This year's wet spring may have screwed up the fishing, but it sure made for a great garlic crop. Just finished washing the last pick from this morning.

DSCN3381.jpg

The entire apartment reeks of the stuff :thumbsup_anim:

Now I can have a couple of days to fish.

I love garlic except when my wife eats it. Argh... Can't they make a garlic that doesn't give you bad breath for a month?

I don't think garlic breath is your problem going by your avatar. Just sayin'. :D

Ummmm garlic....love the stuff...now can you cook without it :dunno:

If you get up this fall for some perching Bruce any chance you could bring me 3-4 bulbs so I can start a little patch this fall. I haven't planted it for years cause it's so cheap to buy...but your haul looks so good...it's got me thinking I might have to try it again.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

I haven't read one of your posts in a little while. Now I'm jelous.

How do you store all of that garlic? Freezer?

I just keep it in a cool dry place. You can chop/ crush it, then put it in ice cube trays with a little water and freeze it. You can preserve it in olive oil.

Of the garlic I grow, 1/3 goes to pickles, 1/3 for next year's seed, and 1/3 goes to market.

Edited by bigugli

Most people don't know but most of the garlic sold in grocery stores is grown in CHINA! That is why I grow my own!

Rob C

The Chinese had a huge crop failure last year. They had buyers here offering over $500 a bushel for quality seed garlic.

There is also a huge difference in types of garlic. I only grow hard garlic varieties. They have richer oil, stronger flavour, and a purplish hue to the skin. Chinese garlics are usually soft garlic. Easy to plant mechanically, but the lasting quality is iffy.

This year's wet spring may have screwed up the fishing, but it sure made for a great garlic crop. Just finished washing the last pick from this morning.

DSCN3381.jpg

The entire apartment reeks of the stuff thumbsup_anim.gif

Now I can have a couple of days to fish.

Bruce, if you need to get rid of the garlic, stop bywhistling.gif I can use some in everything I cook upwink.gif