Opinions on used boat

JoshS

Hi guys,

I've been looking for a boat for a few weeks now... most good deals go quick and I've lucked out a few times. SO many options out there and considering I'm new to the boat game, my head is spinning!

Anyway, I came across this one and would like to hear some valuable opinions...

http://dayton.craigslist.org/boa/2492536970.html

According to the seller, the boat was used rarely, stored inside. It's in Dayton Ohio, 7 hrs from me in Toronto so not that bad a drive. Seems like a steal but would love to hear some thoughts from more experienced boat owners....

Hi guys,

I've been looking for a boat for a few weeks now... most good deals go quick and I've lucked out a few times. SO many options out there and considering I'm new to the boat game, my head is spinning!

Anyway, I came across this one and would like to hear some valuable opinions...

http://dayton.craigslist.org/boa/2492536970.html

According to the seller, the boat was used rarely, stored inside. It's in Dayton Ohio, 7 hrs from me in Toronto so not that bad a drive. Seems like a steal but would love to hear some thoughts from more experienced boat owners....

No payment until it is hooked to your truck with papers in hand. Personally, sounds to good to be true.

Spoke to the owner, seems legit. The family is selling off their Dad's possessions and wants to get rid of it.

Anyone have any experience with this particular boat? I think it's a 171 Millentia but not sure.

Thanks for the replies

That Tracker looks like a good deal too but I've just heard so many horror stories about Trackers...

Good point on the papers Irish, thanks. Anything else you can think of please let me know.. info and tips are greatly appreciated.

What everybody else said, buying private is always cheaper but there are never any guarantee`s and I would think buying private from a party in another country could be even riskier.

Before I bought my last boat I ran into so many scams it was shocking,my last boat was purchased privately from a police officer. I figured if you can`t trust a cop who can you trust!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Having said that I still had him produce proper documentation!

Thats about a normal price for used boats down here in the USA. I read the prices that people ask up North and I am amazed that people pay them for a used boat. You should receive a title signed by an authorized person both for a trailer and the boat. A bill of sale with the price of the boat and the price of the trailer stated. A copy of the death certificate and a copy of the dispersion document as to who has the right to the boat and is cleared to sell it. You can also request instead to have someone title it in their name and purchase it from that party if you think their will be an issue with legal ownership of the boat and no one to sign over the title.

Art