I Just Want To Feel Something That Pulls Back!!

So this weekends fishing adventure was a spur of the moment thing that got set-up Friday night. Ironically I had just hooked up my boat to the truck for a bass excursion early Saturday morning to the "local fishin' hole". Came in checked out the OFC, and, saw a PM from Spincast..."heading out to Lake O, tomorrow, and G and I have an open seat"...told Juli, contacted Rick, and we were set for a six AM meeting as his place.

We hit the water at about 7:30, were out to 80-90 feet of water and trolling by 7:45, and into our first fish by 7:50.

IMG_9116.jpg

G-Man, landed a beauty 29" rainbow that is his PB. Check out his post for a pic of him holding it and another nice bow that he caught later on.

To make a long story shorter (I have some fish on the smoker, lol) we were on fish for most of the morning, ended up losing more than we probably should have, but, having a blast the whole time!

Pics of the morning's events

DSCN0667.jpg

DSCN0669.jpg

DSCN0671.jpg

DSCN0672.jpg

IMG_9131.jpg

IMG_9145.jpg

IMG_9163.jpg

IMG_9172.jpg

IMG_9148.jpg

DSCN0676.jpg

By close to 2 PM, we had landed six bows, lost eight fish, and had at least three "hit and runs". Missed what we are pretty sure were a couple of kings, released both of Rick's bows. We were both taking a couple home, my 20" for the BBQ and Juli's 25" for the smoker, can smell it right now...mmmm!! Rick wanted to smoke some as well, so kept G's two fish.

My turn was up, and the prophetic words out of my mouth were, "all I want is something that pulls back"...fifteen minutes later was my wish was granted!!

I was sitting in the hot seat, saw the rigger rod bouncing a bit, but, thought the ball was nudging bottom again. Rick said "that rigger rod is acting weird". I voiced my thoughts, he said "I moved that ball up to 60 we are in 110 feet"...that's all I needed to hear!! Jumped up grabbed the rod and felt some movement. Yanked on it once, then, twice. Think my next words were "man, I can't get the clip to release". Then I looked at where the line was in relation to the downrigger cable...DOH, it was released and something heavy was staying DOWN!

The next few minutes had me battling what felt like a "finned pig" that would headshake every once in awhile. Finally I got it up to the surface and we caught a glimpse of it in this video

th_DSCN0681-1.jpg

Landed it shortly thereafter, new PB for me 31", 15.1 lb Lake Trout, that after a few measurements and photos was released. What an ending to the day!!!

DSCN0693.jpg

DSCN0696.jpg

DSCN0707.jpg

Was all set to use it as an upgrade for Team 8, then heard that Pikeslayer, got a 32" rainbow today!!! Congrats, man!!

I've never been a big laker fan, other than ice fishing. They shine in the cold water! However this "greaser" bulldogged like a champ, and, put one heck of a smile on my face!!!!

Thanks, to Spincast (Rick) and G-Man...Happy Birthday, little man...for another awesome day on the water with friends! Love getting out on the water with you guys. Looking forward to hitting Erie soon for some "eyes and bows"!!

it was indeed an awesome day. That first 60 minutes was frantic. Never got more than 2 lines set before we were yelling "fish on". Tired this poor old man right out! What a day - Congrats on the PB!

Lake E is calling ...

August long weekend?

it was indeed an awesome day. That first 60 minutes was frantic. Never got more than 2 lines set before we were yelling "fish on". Tired this poor old man right out! What a day - Congrats on the PB!

Lake E is calling ...

August long weekend?

Yup, great action, for sure...PLUS...beautiful weather!!!

Thanks, my first PB of 2011. Great that Simon got one today as well to up my "upgrade" by another inch, lol!

You name which day, buddy!!! We'll keep an eye on the winds/weather.

Attaboy Frankie :thumbsup_anim: That's a real nice laker for sure B)

Congrats on your PB :clapping: and the video is working.... loved how you kept cool reeling in the beast but could hear others screaming :lol:

Great report and pics :worthy:

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

Awesome fish Frank thumbsup_anim.gifworthy.gifthumbsup_anim.gif . Sounded like the crew was really excited and well entertained. Were your knees a knockin?? I couldn't see them.

Here's the upgrade of your upgrade;

32" 13.8 lbs. PB 07.17.11 Lake Ontario-Blue Zone

Rainbow138.jpg

Oh!! But Wait!! There's more Team GR8 news. NEWSFLASH - BREAKING NEWS ALERT !!! THIS JUST IN-

Another member of Team GR8 has upgraded my upgrade of your upgrade. And another PB for our team mate. That's 3 trophy GL Trouts in 3 days for Team GR8 good.gifgood.gif

More to come.......................

Slayer out.

Awesome fish Frank thumbsup_anim.gifworthy.gifthumbsup_anim.gif . Sounded like the crew was really excited and well entertained. Were your knees a knockin?? I couldn't see them.

Slayer out.

Thanks, Simon! I get a kick out of watching that video, and, hearing everyone's excitement. The first glimpse of that fat pig, due to reflections of the water and it's large belly, made it look like a 20 lber!!!

Knees weren't knocking, but, my left arm got a decent work-out! That minute and a half of video was preceded by about four or five minutes of heaving to get that "greaser" up from the bottom.

remind me not to tick Juli off - She practically ripped that fish's bottom jaw off! hahaha good work! :thumbsup_anim:

Yeah, she's heard about that one a few times, already, lol!! Good thing that was one of the two that her and I kept. Turned out real nice on the smoker last night.

Speaking of Juli, she had a hard time keeping them on the hook Saturday, but, she sure did get ALOT of rod time :)