Orr Lake, Elmvale (north of Barrie) - Report

rhymobot

Went here Canada day weekend. Lots of power boats with tubing and all that but saw a few bass boats out there. However, I was in an inflatable so i went 75 metres from shore at the max from the boat launch shown in this map. I think there's another launch but this one is a dirt launch with limited free parking on the dirt on N Orr Lake Rd. There's space for maybe 10-15 cars.

Orr Lake map

Close to this launch there aren't many weeds and so I was lucky to catch this guy as he was the only bite of the day between the 2 of us in 2 hours of fishing.

Definitely better off with a motor and not a dingy like me especially since it was a little breezy and I could easily drift away from shore and have a hard time paddling back though it would be easier in a canoe or kayak than a dingy.

CIMG0819%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

He caught one fish... no big deal. Pretty much every lake on the map has at least one fish.

Maybe there's no need to say the lake name if it's a small watershed, but it's not like he reported a honey hole full of fish. I think your guys' resentement is giving it away more than anything.

To yush: I hope you didn't body slam that fish after that pose.

He caught one fish... no big deal. Pretty much every lake on the map has at least one fish.

Maybe there's no need to say the lake name if it's a small watershed, but it's not like he reported a honey hole full of fish. I think your guys' resentement is giving it away more than anything.

To yush: I hope you didn't body slam that fish after that pose.

The lake is a small lake that is all I am going to say

The lake is a small lake that is all I am going to say

it is a very small lake because I know from my brother in-law. I asked if he wanted to go fish it and he said forget it because of the size and it was a weekend and he's only 5 to 10 min. from it. we drove a lot farther to go fishing that day. and that was a year ago and I'm sure there is more traffic now.

Come on guys... the lake is totally ringed with homes and cottages and not a fishing destination for anyone I know in the area. Lets not blow this post out of proportion!

I'm not. just going on why my brother in-law didn't want to go. we went for bow's instead anyway... :thumbsup_anim:

He only has a little dingy and he wanted to show his girlfriend a good time. Give the guy a break. whistling.gif Go Yush. It isn't that hatrd to find smallies. There are tonnes of lakes that have them.

Hey -- my lady says it's not the size of my dingy that matters....it's how I use it...and she always has a good time whistling.gif

Come on guys... the lake is totally ringed with homes and cottages and not a fishing destination for anyone I know in the area. Lets not blow this post out of proportion!

OFC rule broken here.

I think there's another launch but this one is a dirt launch with limited free parking on the dirt on N Orr Lake Rd. There's space for maybe 10-15 cars.

Orr Lake map

I agree.

Lesson learned hopefully!

Thanks for posting Yush, just be a little more discrete next time eh.

Thanks for being good sports about this guys. I'm sure Yush chalked this one up as a learning event full circle....