Skunked....help

mercman

Here ya go !!

http://www.toller1.com/howtodeskunkyourdog.html

As soon as you realize your dog has been sprayed by a skunk, don some rubber or latex gloves and old clothes and look her over for bites or scratches. Also check her eyes for redness or discharge. If any injuries are found, you should contact your veterinarian before proceeding.

Time is of the essence here - the longer you wait to begin the process, the harder it will be to remove the stench. Get set up for bathing your dog outdoors or in an easy to clean area of your home (laundry room, bathroom, etc). If indoors, open a window to save your nose!

Apply a small strip of eye lubricant (such as Puralube) or 1-2 drops of mineral oil to your dog's eyes. This will help protect the eyes in case any of the solution splashes or drips in.

In the plastic container, combine 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda and 1 to 2 teaspoons of liquid soap. Add lukewarm water if needed (for larger dogs). Mix ingredients well. The solution will fizz, as a chemical reaction is occurring. Use immediately - do not store.

Do not soak your dog with water prior to bathing. Promptly begin cleansing the affected areas thoroughly, massaging the solution deep into your dog's coat. You may wish to use a sponge or washcloth. Avoid getting the solution in the eyes, ears or mouth.

Allow the solution to remain on your dog for at least five minutes (longer if strong odor persists).

Rinse your dog well with lukewarm water. Repeat steps 3-5 as necessary until odor is gone.

Dry your dog well and give her a treat!

Put your finger on their ear. Bwahahaha.

Seriously I don't know. My digs hand had it before but I don't know if I used the best stuff. That stench is just like lamp oil. It gets into everything and doesn't subside easily.

Good luck dude.

Yep... Chrisk or MM. Either one.. easiest is to go buy a gross of Heinz before Walmart closes...

Well, ketchup doesnt work.blush.gifI tested it on the smaller one first.She difinately like the taste though. I dont have tomatoe sauce.

Tomato juice WONT work.

The vets use MaCleans toothpaste, to wash animals with.

Wet the dog down, put the tooth paste in your hands, then rub the dog down with it,starting from the nose and working your way back. Then rinse them off.

Take a little bit and put it in the dogs mouth, to get rid of the bad breath.

Tomato Juice Paul.

Tomatoes are tomatoesblush.gif The neighbor gaves us some baking soda, and peroxide.She also asked if i wanted mustard on my dogs.mellow.gif It worked on the dogs, now i need a scrub......Man thats some awfull stuffwallbash.gif

Bah ginnys roomates dog got skunked during university and they got the smell out but she's sleeping with my 3 month old daughter who will be waking her up several times tonight to eat, so your crap out of luck Paul! I'm not waking her up to ask! lol I think it was tomato sauce though as others suggested!

Good Luck Dude!

Not if I suggest it anyhow... it's worked for decades.. it will work this week!

My reply was not directed towards you Wayne.

Mercman asked for advise and I replied.

My wife use to work for a vet and that is what the vet said, and that is what the use.

My Shepard was sprayed a few times by skunks and the tooth paste method always worked .

The poor skunk is at home and his momma is on the net looking dog stench removal recipes.

rofl2.gif

nothing is sadder than lookin at a dog drooling and sneezing with skunk juice in thier faces.But the stupid thing is, they would both chase that same skunk 2 hours from nowwallbash.gif DUMB DUMD DUMB

So wheres your finger now???rofl2.gif

But seriously there is a product called skunk B gone. TSC carrys it as well as vets .

it works great.

For tonite make them sleep on an old blanket after they are compleetly bathed.(blanket will be garbage tomorow)

Tomorow first thing GET SKUNK B GONE bath them in it at least twice.

The smell wont be compleetly gone but barable.

Baby powder helps to draw the smell out in the next few weeks. but you have to bath them at least once a week. (head and shoulders works best)

No mater what you use now the smell will stick with them for at least 3 weeks just keep them kleen and well groomed.

I think we might have a new nick name for you?tease.gif

Edited by saltydawg

wallbash.gif

My dumbasshat.gif dogs got skunked in the backyardwallbash.gif What is the best recipe for de skunking 2 dumbasshat.gif mutswallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Fresh tomatoes and some tomatoe sauce. Use the tomatoes as a scrub and the sauce as a shampoo.

Edited by vinnimon

Here ya go !!

http://www.toller1.c...unkyourdog.html

As soon as you realize your dog has been sprayed by a skunk, don some rubber or latex gloves and old clothes and look her over for bites or scratches. Also check her eyes for redness or discharge. If any injuries are found, you should contact your veterinarian before proceeding.

Time is of the essence here - the longer you wait to begin the process, the harder it will be to remove the stench. Get set up for bathing your dog outdoors or in an easy to clean area of your home (laundry room, bathroom, etc). If indoors, open a window to save your nose!

Apply a small strip of eye lubricant (such as Puralube) or 1-2 drops of mineral oil to your dog's eyes. This will help protect the eyes in case any of the solution splashes or drips in.

In the plastic container, combine 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda and 1 to 2 teaspoons of liquid soap. Add lukewarm water if needed (for larger dogs). Mix ingredients well. The solution will fizz, as a chemical reaction is occurring. Use immediately - do not store.

Do not soak your dog with water prior to bathing. Promptly begin cleansing the affected areas thoroughly, massaging the solution deep into your dog's coat. You may wish to use a sponge or washcloth. Avoid getting the solution in the eyes, ears or mouth.

Allow the solution to remain on your dog for at least five minutes (longer if strong odor persists).

Rinse your dog well with lukewarm water. Repeat steps 3-5 as necessary until odor is gone.

Dry your dog well and give her a treat!

And if you need to get the stink out of the house, Set out several bowls with some white vinegar in them(just keep them high enough so dogs can't get at them)

This works and house will be skunk free in 24hrs.

I am speaking from experience!

Good luck!