Marine Plywood

Fang

Looking for a source to buy real 3/4 inch marine plywood around Oakville. I have some deck hatches on my booat that need replacing and when I went to look was told all I will find is green pressure treated at Home Depot. I always believed that the green plywood does not have the lamination strength or tightness to compare to real marine playwood. I guess it would do in a pinch but looking for the right stuff.

Thanks guys

Thanks guys for the input. I tried West Marine a while back for a different project (console) and they told me they didn't stock it in that store but since they moved I haven't been back in. Will be driving by there tonight on my way to the ball park. At the same time I'll check if they have marine carpet but I'm afraid of the price they want.

Wow glad I'm reading this. On the cottage tinny I just built up my transom with a 2x6 pressure treated on the week-end. The PT just sits on top of the old transom (aluminum) and is held in place with some heavy steel brackets. I'm back up in July, looks like I'll need to find something else..assuming it hasn't rotted the end off my boat by then :)

On a side note I've seen plenty of aluminum boat decks built with pressure treated with zero issues.

Covered with carpet how would it be anyway?

The deck I replaced was built with pressure treated. It was still in decent shape and 9 years old.