Tick bite question

I've got a bit on my index finger I've never seen before. It's a dark spot surrounded by a blister It's kinda hard to the touch but not tender or anything. I'm assuming I got bit by a tick. My question is Do they burrow right inside??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6u-eO2ilk

Then again it might just be a blister from all that paddling.

Doesnt look like a tick. They burrow thier head/mouth into the skin, not the whole body.

Looks more like a willow blow fly larva. They DO burrow into the skin, then take up residence in the nether areas where the watch WFN ALL DAY LONGwhistling.gif

Doesn't look much like any of the tick bites we've been seeing in ER. They're getting worse in this area and it's almost every second day the past few weeks that people have been coming in for tick removal or bite assessments.

THAT bite of yours actually looks a little more like a bite that's developed a very small localized infection... kinda like a wee boil or a pimple filled with bad juice as opposed to zit pus. Could have been a tick initially but I'd think you'd have noticed one burrowing into your fingertip. Lots of nerves there and those ticks do tend to want to stick around for a bit and feed. Your finger is hard and tender because of the pocket of fluid below.

I wiped one off the back of my neck yesterday. They say 50% of ticks being tested by Public Health in this region are coming back positive for lyme. That certainly doesn't necessarily mean that 50% of those bitten will get the disease.

DOESNT look like any kind of tick or bourring parisite I have ever seen..

Is it posible that it could be a spider bite??

How are the spiders where you are?(bite)

They are having a good year so far in central Ontario again. I got bit a couple years ago and it looked very mutch the same.

If your not shure go see a Doctor?

Just my thought? 4 what its worth?

Could be a little fester infection from some of our local spiked weeds. Stinging nettle, sow thistle, prickly lettuce are examples. They can itch like heck but if the hair remains lodged in the skin you get a raised puss pocket.

Edited by bigugli

The incident occurred while on a canoe trip in the wild up in the Nakina area. I think I'm going to go with infected insect bite as I have about 500 or so bites from mosquito's, black flies, and no-seeums on my body.

As for spider bites you should have seen my bite from a hobo spider 3 years ago Very poisonous spider a week of IV treatments and 3 months of profession wound care and I still have a scar the size of a golf ball on my abdomen.

Here's a pic of what a hobo spider bite looks like (not mine)

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Etw35rdFwDJiap2MLhourg

Not an exotic location either just right here in my bed in good old KW

Edited by Musky or Specks

The incident occurred while on a canoe trip in the wild up in the Nakina area. I think I'm going to go with infected insect bite as I have about 500 or so bites from mosquito's, black flies, and no-seeums on my body.

As for spider bites you should have seen my bite from a hobo spider 3 years ago Very poisonous spider a week of IV treatments and 3 months of profession wound care and I still have a scar the size of a golf ball on my abdomen.

Here's a pic of what a hobo spider bite looks like (not mine)

http://picasaweb.goo...FwDJiap2MLhourg

Not an exotic location either just right here in my bed in good old KW

It would seem to me that if you are concerned about it then go to a doctor.

If you dont want to see a doctor I can give you some advice to kill whatever is in there??

You done having kidds?

Maybe I'm inexperiened with ticks, but I've never had them anywhere else but my armpits and crotch areas.

Bite into the puss, let it pour out, and after two weeeks its still gving you a problem, see a doctor.

doesn't look like any bite i've dealt with before, almost looks like a planter's wart i had on my heel, it was tough to the touch as well. if it's giving you issues go get it checked out. who knows even ask at the pharmacy one day while shopping they might be able to help.

Try Little peroxide on a kleenex - it will at least bring down the infection and let you a closer look .... to me could also be a little tiny metal sliver - they can really get inflamed and ugly .. and lead to infection around the offending particle ... soak it good with peroxide then get a really good look at it with a magnifying glass ... its amazing how small a sliver it takes to cause a painful infection.