magnetawan river

miller

made it up to my uncles place for the first time this year. i was hoping to go up on opener but with work and plans falling through with a few friends i finally made it up. hit the road thursday night after i got off work and got up there at about 230 am only to be greeted by a tree laying across the driveway. with my friends car not being too offroad friendly i ended up breaking off many of the branches and holding the tree back while he drove through to the cottage. we unpacked our stuff then got some sleep. got up the next morning to do some shore fishing but only had one solid hit which shook it off. finally at around noon we had a boat set up and in the water and we were set for fishing all weekend. it ended up being one of the best weekends i've had up there. i caught quite a few fish and my friend (not much of an angler) caught his first of 2 species.

the fish tally

friday

i caught 12 walleye. my friend caught his first ever pike

saturday

i beat my previous day by catching 16 walleye and 1 smallie. my friend managed to catch his second ever pike.

sunday

i managed another 16 walleye 2 smallies and 1 pike. and after losing 2 boatside my friend caught his first ever walleye and he was really happy

monday

i slept in and only got out for 2 hours before heading out but i managed another 3 walleye with one being my pb at 4lbs 10 ozs which beat my previous pb by only 5ozs haha

time for some pics

his first ever pike

june3-62011.jpg

fish for the evening fry

june3-620112.jpg

view from the upstairs bedroom

june3-620117.jpg

lounging around

june3-620118.jpg

average size walleye of the trip

june3-620119.jpg

evening view while fishin

june3-6201110.jpg

his second ever pike

june3-6201111.jpg

overcast morning

june3-6201112.jpg

on my way

june3-6201113.jpg

another average walleye

june3-6201114.jpg

my pike

june3-6201116.jpg

failed picture attempt

june3-6201119.jpg

first ever walleye

june3-6201120.jpg

the cottage/house

june3-6201121.jpg

good current holding fish

june3-6201122.jpg

bay on the smaller river

june3-6201123.jpg

and finally my new pb walleye

june3-6201127.jpg

Hey man, awesome report. Gotta luv the Mag.

Congrats to your personal best Pickerel! Good job!

I was fishing the western waters this past weekend and it was brutally buggy. You guys were super fortunate that the flies didn't buzz your pictures out of focus!

Great report and a nice piece of paradise for sure

love the scenery shots, i grew up by a river and that brought back some fond memories...thanks for sharing

I was thinking that Simon, I grew up right beside a river and was within 20 mins drive (an hour by bicycle) of 3 or 4 others. Miss river fishing a lot.