Decided on a new fishfinder

Canadave

I did a lot of research and finally decided to buy a Humminbird 570 DI to replace my 9 year old

Lowrance X65 that bit the dust last Fall. I found a review comparing it to the Lowrance Mark 5X DI or whatever and the review said they were comparable but the Humminbird had more pixels. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this Humminbird or DI technology?

Did you get the grey one or the black one, Dave? I think black would go better with your brown fishing rod.

Wouldn't his black rod be a better match with either the black or grey scale, just thinking out loud. :P

Wouldn't his black rod be a better match with either the black or grey scale, just thinking out loud. :P

Jeez that opens up a whole other list of possibilities, Chris. What colour is that Harbercraft of yours Dave? I don't remember. Seems to me it was white and blue in which case you might be better off with the grey sonar.

Don't worry about the color of the unit Dave just put it in the purse that matches the boat and they won't know the difference. If you post a few screen shots from it I will help you figure it out.

Art

Careful Spiel and Roy and the mods will come after you for picking on someone sarcasm.gif

LOL....If Dave wants to join us at Lakair I'll gladly give him a chance to kick my ass, I win.

Battle of the minds, I'll concede quickly. tongue.gif

LOL....If Dave wants to join us at Lakair I'll gladly give him a chance to kick my ass, I win.

Battle of the minds, I'll concede quickly. tongue.gif

Thanx for the input guys. I feel a lot more confident now about having made the correct decision based on my sartorial expertise. The Humminbird 570 only comes in black which fortunately co-ordinates quite smartly with my spark plug wires. The yellow trim on it is a tad too gay for my liking ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

I got the 700 version With DI and GPs and love it, its pretty simple to use just read the book or just take it out for a day and play around with it.

What the hell's a sufud?

Hey Corey ... How can you afford the 700 series? Did you finally get a job or did your mother lend you the money as a Christianing present?

What the hell's a sufud?

Hey Corey ... How can you afford the 700 series? Did you finally get a job or did your mother lend you the money as a Christianing present?

Hmmm ... I finally figured out Sufud. That's much better ... I think.