The Real Season begins next weekend

mistyriver1

Sounds good, will do!

We'll be in a 15' White "Canadian Classic" junker boat with an old 45HP Merc. LOL

The boat is moored at Emerald Isle Marina.

Handlebarz are READY 2 FLY

Unfortunately we won't be able to go up on saturday as its the old lady's birthday :( We will be up Monday instead. Hopefully you guys save some muskys for us to catch then.

Jim if your going to follow that boat around on Pigeon don't follow it race around it full tilt pull up on the next point and cast your bobber it works like a charm :whistling:

I know there are a few OFC members heading down to LSC I will be out with my little girl and having a blast with her. For the guys heading down here that I have not talked to

PLEASE WATCH OUT FOR FLOATING EVERYTHING OUT HERE!!! This spring has been cleaning out all the creeks fields and back yards you will find everything from twigs to full trees and they will be just under the water the water right now is very dirty and its hard to see these things so please be careful out here on LSC this weekend. Play safe and shoot me a PM if your heading down here or have a look for us we will be in this boat.

IMG_2415.jpg

Mike, I can't wait to put those lures of yours to the test. My boat better smell like musky slime by the end of the day!!!

Hey I take offence to you calling my boat a junker boat!! That junker boat has treated me well the last 5 years. You are no longer welcome aboard!!!!!

HA! Oops! was hoping you missed that thread!

I luv that boat, buy a bigger one and sell the "junker" to me :whistling:

I'm heading to the shallow weed flats on Pigeon south of Gannons Narrows.

Yup, will be around Big Island on Pigeon Lake like last couple decades for this musky opener. Two more sleeps to go... :canadian::Gonefishing:

I'll be up around the island later in the day Eric, what boat are you gonna be in ??

Hi Lew, will be one of the tinners with red sides up there. If i see you will wave or say hi.

If i catch anything decent will put a little report on board here as well.

Good fishing :Gonefishing:

Hi Lew, will be one of the tinners with red sides up there. If i see you will wave or say hi.

If i catch anything decent will put a little report on board here as well.

Good fishing :Gonefishing:

Thanks Eric, I'll watch for you.

Their calling for some showers up this way for the week-end so you may want to pack a rain jacket just in case.

Sounds like an ONFC G2G to me boyz!!! I haven't decided whether to go to LSC, Kawarthas or Lake erie :dunno: My plan to go north of north bay for the weekend with the boys did not pan out. Both have summer jobs and both have to work on Saturday and Sunday :wallbash:

It's a junker Mike but it puts you on the fish and kept us out of the freezing cold water last fall lol!

If you get another weekday off its my boat, my lake.

Did you get the Trinidad?

Unfortunately we won't be able to go up on saturday as its the old lady's birthday :( We will be up Monday instead. Hopefully you guys save some muskys for us to catch then.

It's a junker Mike but it puts you on the fish and kept us out of the freezing cold water last fall lol!

If you get another weekday off its my boat, my lake.

Did you get the Trinidad?

Yeah I guess it is a junker Steve. Oh well, I just need to get one more year out of her and then I will upgrade to something nice.

I did get the Trinidad. Can't wait to give it a try on Monday.

June is pretty hard for me as its one of the busiest times of the year for me at work. I will let you know if I get a free day for sure. Looking forward to chasing those muskys on your Lake X. In July I will literally have nothing to do at work so I plan on "working from home" (fishing :whistling: ) a lot! We can definetly meet up then.

Good thing the reality of having back surgery a week or so ago kept me off water today.

Looks like it is going to storm all morning/afternoon. Any musky opener reports from today are going to be rain soaked. :glare:

Looks like it is going to storm all morning/afternoon. Any musky opener reports from today are going to be rain soaked. glare.gif

I was thinking much the same thing Erik, while it hasn't rained yet here in Hamilton the skies are balck, thunder is rumbling and the winds are eerily calm, me thinks a storm is immanent. But then again I understand that's good for musky fishing.

I hope all our friends play safe and don't risk their necks for a fish.

Well since my last post 40 minutes ago the weather has become severe, pissing rain, thunder, lightning with extreme winds out of a northerly direction and the temperature dropped quicky.

I hope all of our members (and non members) can see what's approaching with enough to time to get off the water safely. Very nasty out there!