The Real Season begins next weekend

mistyriver1

At least in some places....Anybody else ready?

Got out last weekend for these guys as a warmup and hoping to get out tomorrow.

IMG_0674.jpg

But I'm ready for these guys....Anybody else?

52incherwc.jpg

IMG_0533-1.jpg

Wanna try out a few of these girls (as in double cow girls) that I made over the course of the winter....

IMG_0639.jpg

Good luck to everyone this season...

Jim

I did not catch any MUSKIE last year but fished for them many times

so yeah, I am ready to correct that problem and get some real slime in my boat

I guess the real question would be which boat Terry? I'd stick with the #2 boat after your report from today.

Looking forward to chasing some muskies myself but it will be a couple of weeks before I can do so.

Yep it should all come together for us this week I was looking at the long range forecast for my area and the temps stating today will be in the 80's with NO RAIN after today (Will have to see about that) and then cooling a bit to make it bare able on the water next weekend.

Slowpoke was going to join me for opener but had to change plans something about working and putting food on the table at home talk about wrong priorities :whistling:

My biggest hurdle is will the boat be back from the boat doctor? He called yesterday and found broken parts in the lower end but it ran fine last time out still hitting her normal top speeds WTH.

Oh yeah back to the topic at hand HECK YEAH I am ready for sure.

Jim you have some nice looking baits there I to like the blades on the striped one.

Cheers and good luck to everyone

I've been waiting for June 4th, 2011, since December 16, 2010! Can't wait to smell like pennies again!

I'll be out somewhere in the Kawartha's next weekend for sure. Not too sure where yet though, I'm gonna have to talk it over with my fishing partner.

Good luck Ladies and Gents!

That loon lure looks amazing! Way to go! I have a little back lake where is a very goood chance at a muskie over the course of a weekend, but i cant get in there anymore with the 1.5km portage and my injured neck. Ah well.....i hope to get out to georgian bay and try for some.

Hopefully not targeting Muskies as the season will be closed still on GB...

Nope, pike. Just waiting for some nice weather to make the run I'm thinking about.

3rd sat in June for muskies on Gbay if I'm not mistaken.

can't get out for opener, but I have 3 days planned at Pigeon for the next week which is already keeping me awake at night. Been a lllloooooonnnnnnnggggggg winter. Even fired some of my new handlebarz bucktails out on Saturday while I was pike fishing. Man those things cast a mile!

Really looking forward to musky opener on Kawarthas.

Bucktails and musky spinnerbaits should work, this year i am going to try a musky size swimbait for first time. These 'swimbaits' are supposedly good but obviously learning curve is involved. Gonna need patience...