Six Mile Lake (muskoka ontario)

danz

Anyone ever fish here nfor pike? I may have a chance to get out for one day this weekend, never been before. any tips? are there big pike in there?

also, out of curiosity are there any muskies in the lake? being that close to the Bay and the Pool you gotta figure they are in there no?

Anyone ever fish here nfor pike? I may have a chance to get out for one day this weekend, never been before. any tips? are there big pike in there?

also, out of curiosity are there any muskies in the lake? being that close to the Bay and the Pool you gotta figure they are in there no?

I have personally seen a few musky that were caught on Six Mile so they are there.When I use to camp there back in the late 80s there was an older dutch gentleman camped beside me that brought one back with him one morning around 15 lbs.Then about 4 years ago I was fishing a shoal close to Pretty Channel when the other boat near me landed a ski around the 12 lb mark.Yes they were both musky not pike.There is also a few hanging in the park office that were caught on Six Mile.

Edited by bowslayer

I've seen a few musky caught there too, but few and far between. One guy showed me a video of him catching a massive musky there from last season. Very very rare to see a ski on that lake.

The fishing is hit or miss there.

Troll a mepps spinner around weed beds and shoals. I would be very surprised if you didn't catch a handful of pike..

Simple truth about 6Mile is this. There is plenty of good fishing. On weekends there is an excessive amount of highspeed boat traffic, so the fish is a little tougher. The same for many a larger Muskoka lake. Never used to be that way but that's the way it is now. I run up between Tues. and Fri.

Nice photo, Wayne. I caught my PB wally just on the downstream side of that dam. Way before yesterday, believe I was driving a '57 Pontiac at the time.

We used to slide down White's Falls as kids, beer in hand :wallbash: How none of us ever got hurt is beyond me?

Edited by bigugli

Yeah, we got away with a lot of stuff that would be verboten today. I remember getting on a Gray Coach bus with a shotgun in a case to go hunting numerous times and no one gave it a second thought. Try it today. There were no safety checks for cars or breathalizers for people or cars then. My first car cost me $25.00. No one cared if you had paper for boats and there was no such thing as a fishing license. Remember the year they sold fishing licenses and then gave everyone their money back because administration costs were too high? I never claimed my money back and still have the license.

• 1 year later...

I went on a camping trip to six mile lake park and did some fishing while I was there. I was there mid July. There wasn't a lot of info on fishing the lake on the internet so I thought I would add my 2 cents to the internet world, especially since I will not be going back any time soon.

The fishing wasn't bad but wasn't great. During the day, I had the most success fishing for bass around islands casting spinners and mid divers like a hot n' tot. Mainly stuck with black and green. Midday fishing was tough.

We had the most luck in the same spot, same time, everyday. I don't remember exactly the time (don't usually have a watch when camping) but maybe around 630 - 7.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Read the rules man..!

And maybe the "Intro" post as well..

Having a rough day? How about trying something like this:

Welcome to the board and thanks for your contribution. We look forward to seeing an introduction; tell us a bit about yourself and what you like to fish for.

Having a rough day? How about trying something like this:

Welcome to the board and thanks for your contribution. We look forward to seeing an introduction; tell us a bit about yourself and what you like to fish for.

Your right slowpoke..

BUT

I have a cottage on this lake, and it's tough enough fishing as it is. I don't appreciate people breaking the OFC rules and posting specific "hot" spots.

Your right slowpoke..

BUT

I have a cottage on this lake, and it's tough enough fishing as it is. I don't appreciate people breaking the OFC rules and posting specific "hot" spots.

Unfortunately it would seem far too many here have never read the forum rules! wallbash.gif

I will not be going back any time soon.

The fishing wasn't bad but wasn't great. During the day, I had the most success fishing for bass around islands casting spinners and mid divers like a hot n' tot.

I'm still looking for where he was specific in any way about any "hot spot".

The lake itself is hardly a secret with that big Provincial Park right there and all...

I can imagine the hords converging on the lake as we speak. :sarcasm:

Whether the lake is big or small, it' still breaking the OFC rules. It was specific details, about a specific spot on the lake. I actually fish this exact location several times a year.

A mod went in and removed the specific details on the location, which I appreciate very much.

• 3 weeks later...

wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Read the rules man..!

And maybe the "Intro" post as well..

I apologize for breaking the rules. When going to a new lake, I can usually find some information/tips on the internet. Six Mile was extremely tough to find anything on. I thought I would help out people in the same position as me who just want to catch fish. I didn't think anything of it at the time but can see how people would be upset. I am also not certain if it was the spot or if they just start biting in the evening and I just happened to be in the same spot, same time everyday since I was on my way back to the park.