Simcoe Whities

Scott S

I am going to try for whitefish for the first time and would appreciate a little help. I am going to be launching at Innisfill beach park. How long will it take to get to Willow Beach? Do I go in between Fox and Snake or is there a better way. What depth? do you start shallow and work your way deeper. Any info would be great, like I said this is the first time for me out there. I have a 16ft crestliner with a 50hp merc. I should be okay as long as the wind isn't too bad right!!

Thanks Scooter

Once you get a lil closer to the pack pull out your binoculars if you can spot a boat catching lots pull up as close as you can drop anchor and start fishing. :Gonefishing:

I can't stand people that do this, lol!!

But yeah, find the floatilla and join the fun.

Guest gbfisher

Maybe just ask if you can tie off to there boat. It will save you putting an anchor down.

you can be anchor boy tomorrow. :D

Once you get a lil closer to the pack pull out your binoculars if you can spot a boat catching lots pull up as close as you can drop anchor and start fishing. :Gonefishing:

for the record, I didn't tell him to go to the boats.......

I prefer to be a km away from the pack..........

but I have years of way points and that's where I fish, whether there are boats there or not

LOL sorry guys should have used the :sarcasm: icon instead LOL. Ya its sad but what i descibed seems to be common pratice. My buddy and I fish miles away from the JP/Willow beach zoo and still catch fish. Imagine that. Hopefully be out tomorrow morning balls deep trolling around the north end of the lake.... :Gonefishing:

Guest gbfisher

LOL sorry guys should have used the :sarcasm: icon instead LOL. Ya its sad but what i descibed seems to be common pratice. My buddy and I fish miles away from the JP/Willow beach zoo and still catch fish. Imagine that. Hopefully be out tomorrow morning balls deep trolling around the north end of the lake.... :Gonefishing:

:sarcasm: Imagine that eh?!?!.. :sarcasm:

I am going to try for whitefish for the first time and would appreciate a little help. I am going to be launching at Innisfill beach park. How long will it take to get to Willow Beach? Do I go in between Fox and Snake or is there a better way. What depth? do you start shallow and work your way deeper. Any info would be great, like I said this is the first time for me out there. I have a 16ft crestliner with a 50hp merc. I should be okay as long as the wind isn't too bad right!!

Thanks Scooter

Will take ya 10 min max, from IBP, stay away from the crowds and you should have steady hook ups.

We got em good today!

Good luck!

Guest gbfisher

Sorry Terry, I wish it was a better day out there, trust me :)

Still lots of time though, they'll turn back on.

Hey Terry. I had a buddy who did very well yesterday away from the packs. He found a school of active fish is all. Luck of th draw. As Bill said, there's lots of time still.

We played the same game. Outside of the packs, infront of the packs, behind the packs, lol. If you find an active school of fish you'll do just fine. Unlucky day I guess, we all have them! (Although I did clean up on rock bass and perch at the end of the day, lol)

I got out for a little bit after work on Friday night and found fish but they would not commit. Only things biting were herring. Got a bunch of those.. Mmmmm. Love the way they taste.

Just kidding. We threw them all back.

Chris, did you and your wife walk by my place 2 days ago? I swear I saw you across the street, lol.

Nope. If I saw you I would say hey. Been busy swimming in pool for past 3 days. Love this weather