OPG gives OFAH 1.5 million

chessy

I would assume this is a result of OPG trying to mitigate the close to 63 million fish, fish eggs, and larvae that are killed annually just at Pickering.

It is just like Molson or Labatts "contributing" to MADD or RIDE.

Cheers,

Mark

It's only $250,000 per year and it's for the betterment of our fisheries. You can also go after the LCBO and a bunch more for committing the same sin. At least you'll see some benefit from those expenses. Greater amounts are stolen each year by the administrators and employees of those government institutions and you'll never reap benefits from that money.

But that's JMO.

I would assume this is a result of OPG trying to mitigate the close to 63 million fish, fish eggs, and larvae that are killed annually just at Pickering.

It is just like Molson or Labatts "contributing" to MADD or RIDE.

Cheers,

Mark

Ed Zachary...

It's only $250,000 per year and it's for the betterment of our fisheries. You can also go after the LCBO and a bunch more for committing the same sin. At least you'll see some benefit from those expenses. Greater amounts are stolen each year by the administrators and employees of those government institutions and you'll never reap benefits from that money.

But that's JMO.

i choose not to drink but i can not due with out hydro. your comment is like saying why complain about gas prices when bottled water works out to about 2.50 cents a liter i can choose not to drink water from a bottle but need gas for transportation .

It doesn't mean that at all. What it means is that I'd rather see at least some of the squandered money go to a cause that some of us are interested in as opposed to that same money just disappearing.

If you want to complain, try getting them to explain why we pay HST on the hydro debt retirement part of the bill. This is supposed to be loans we owe and the taxes have already been paid. I have asked our local MPP the question but was ignored. And, the MNR takes care of the fish...let hydro take care of hydro

It doesn't mean that at all. What it means is that I'd rather see at least some of the squandered money go to a cause that some of us are interested in as opposed to that same money just disappearing.

i missunderstood your statement . from looking up these non profit organizations from hospital foundations to nwtf the more money these people get the more they squander away .

Happens way too many places... I'm probably gonna start a crap storm.. but look at MADD padding leaflet printers pockets and their own. $2 Million plus deficit in 2010. Non profit for sure... $427,000 in administrative salaries. If it wasn't for 1.2 million in corporate donations they'd have run it 3+ million in the hole. If you can read a P/L, try to figure out where the "victim" fund money is going to come from it they need it? Baffles me and I've done my own corporate tax returns for 25 years.

MADD has been receiving criticism for a while now. It is much deserved.

John Bono has been also been criticized about how his "One Foundation" has handed out 10 million bucks in salaries and only $200 000 to charity the other year. Oliver Buston (the guy who runs it) says that they are using the money to help promote the cause and raise awareness rather than give it directly to the needy.

Yuck!!!

Sorry for going a little off track, but many of these so called "non profit" organizations are pretty greasy.

Edit - iPhone auto correct is a pain.

Edited by Grimace

-Sinclair not even close,

I think the program has merit and anything that gives me additional angling opportunities and mor fish is all good....Simply saying that the OFAH needs to know that many of thier partners might not give the sort od optics and traction they had in the first round, with the fish's new clasification

When MADD becomes PADD (People against drunk driving) I'll be happy to donate. I explained that to one young lady that called for a donation, her comment was "lots of people feel the same way, I get that comment a lot!"

Until then, I'll donate what I can to cancer research and the heart and stroke foundation or other causes that I feel are worthy of my support.

When OPG stops paying stupid bonuses to their management for running things into the ground and us into debt, I'd be happy to see them donate any surplus to fish and wild life. If they are responsible for millions of fish being killed then they should be MADE to compensate the fisheries. That they donate money, my money, and get a pat on the back for doing a good deed with my money I do have a problem with that.

I think I'd better go fishing tonight!

When MADD becomes PADD (People against drunk driving) I'll be happy to donate. I explained that to one young lady that called for a donation, her comment was "lots of people feel the same way, I get that comment a lot!"

Until then, I'll donate what I can to cancer research and the heart and stroke foundation or other causes that I feel are worthy of my support. I don't condone drunk driving but I refuse to support any organization that chooses even if only by name to exclude me.

When OPG stops paying stupid bonuses to their management for running things into the ground and us into debt, I'd be happy to see them donate any surplus to fish and wild life. If they are responsible for millions of fish being killed then they should be MADE to compensate the fisheries. That they donate money, my money, and get a pat on the back for doing a good deed with my money I do have a problem with that.

I think I'd better go fishing tonight!

Just reading between the lines ....i see this donation as a peace offering to something that has gone terribly wrong in the recent past...JMO :unsure:

Yep. We have a provincial election coming up. So I imagine the government is going to give our money to all the people that are mad at them.

ya hudro must be feeling guilty for all the acidental releases of heavy water that happens alot every year!!! pickering just had one a few weeks ago!!! or all the dams they have made and blovked fish migration,or the recent thousands of miles of flooding they did up near hudson bay damming up pristine rivers....the list goes on and on!!