Walleye Opener

Minnow

Hey Guys,

Headed out for the opener this morning and despite the weather forecast, the rain actually held off for most of the morning. The walleye were hitting but not on fire, my grandpa and I caught 7 total, with 4 of them being keepers. Overall decent opener but no monsters an not a lot of fish but definately way better then getting skunked. Tons of boats on the water and despite the boat traffic the walleye were active chasing down our jerkbaits. Hope all the other guys on the water also had some luck for the opener!

Walleye1-1.jpg

Walleye2.jpg

Walleye3.jpg

That's wonderful.... a great opening for you. Being with your Grandpa just makes it a hundred times better. Thank your blessings and cherish the memories because many of us never had that chance. But it sounds as though you already know that.

Congrats to you, great pics too!

Nice fish! Definitly not balsam. I've seen you fishing there a couple of openers now though. Good spot.

S.

Just thinking that for FMZ 17 walleye have to be between 35-50 cm (13.8-19.7 in.)to be kept except Balsam.

I'd say he only took pics of the bigger ones. 7 caught, 4 kept. Pics of 3 nice ones. I know the spot for sure, and I'm sure there are a few others on here that know the spot too. Its no secret.........anymore :wallbash:

S.

Great Report. There really ins't anything like fishing with your grandpa. My grandfather taught me most of what I know and I am still fortunate enough to fish with him. I plan on doing plenty of perch days with him this summer.

Chris