Black Flies Are Hungry

4x4bassin

we have some at sturgeon lake right now,and was talking to a guy in west haliburton yesterday he said they are very bad right now!!! so by next weekend they will be deadly!! i already have been bit several times just having a beer on the deck.....i hate them soooo much,and ya the skeeters are out too....

Good to know.... I wonder if Temagami will still be safe for the long weekend?

Don't count on it.... They were fierce here last night and are out this morning too... Temagami is just 50 minutes north of here...

Being a blood donor is a small price to pay for a weekend of fishing.

Randy

:canadian:

I found that when the sun was out they were deadly and when it was cloudy not so bad . So this is the only time I am

wishing for a cool/light drizzle and a bit of wind for my lake trout trip next weekend.

I do agree that if it is sunny and warm next week they will be at there peak by the long weekend !

Don't count on it.... They were fierce here last night and are out this morning too... Temagami is just 50 minutes north of here...

Being a blood donor is a small price to pay for a weekend of fishing.

Randy

canadian.gif

OH, well then I will be packing the bug repellant for sure. Fine Cuban hand-rolled bug repellant :D :D

Ugg - you had to say the "B" word ...didn't you! And sourced from Parry Sound ... g-r-e-a-t.

I was up last weekend and there were a couple around already at that time, the odd one or two. Come next weekend I'm wearing my space suit with an O2 tank and all. Houston ... we've got a problem