Trout: Hardwater to Softwater to Underwater

MJL

Thanks guys for the comments. Really glad you enjoyed the pics :)

Nice shots Mike..good on ya ...how much was the housing for the camera...im thinking of getting one for my Nikon...but they are not cheap..

I bought this one made by Ewa Marine from Vistek for $340 + tax...Seems the price has jumped since then. I think there might have been a sale on them because the price has increased at other stores as well:

http://www.vistek.ca/store/BagsCases/243109/ewamarine-underwater-housing-for-pro-dslr-built-flash-up-to-20m.aspx

I also purchased the 67mm Ewa marine adaptor for my lens so it would connect to the lens port. The bracket that came with the housing was designed mostly for externally focusing lenses (which mine isn’t). With that bracket, it's almost impossible to use and take decent photos with. Dicapak also makes a DSLR housing for around $120 in some places I think.

An awesome report as always , Mike. I love the underwater shots. Beauty reels as well, I hope to grab an Islander in black for myself as well :thumbsup_anim:

I purchased that Islander back in the late 90’s I think. Still has the original bearings inside (abec 3?). It still gets hard use throughout the season and it’s probably one of the most dependable reels I’ve ever owned. You can’t go wrong with an Islander :)

If your planning any carp adventures out Hamilton way be sure to give me a heads up, I'd hate to miss a chance to come say hello to you.

For sure Chris. I don’t fish in Hamilton very much myself, but I do like helping out with some of the local fish-ins and carp tournies that are held there. I enjoyed helping out at the Hamilton Waterfront Trust derby last year and hope to be down there again this summer :)

Cheers & all smiles

Edited by MJL

I enjoyed helping out at the Hamilton Waterfront Trust derby last year and hope to be down there again this summer smile.gif

Hmmmm, I was helping the young'ns there last year and the year before, you know, "been there, done that, got the T-shirt".....literally. biggrin.gif