young punks that don't listen /co gets another

skinny

So I was just down at the local creek. there is a dam there and a wire just below that clearly sates not to fish from the wire up (towards the dam)

well I get there and see a kid fishing the restricted area . I say to my self should I go over or not and let him know. well I did and I get a pile of abuse back like who am I and such. I Let the kid know if a CO ccomes he will be in trouble. I then took off to look about the river. I was gone from the area for about 20 min and returned because I parked there. Well Guess what there was a CO there talking with the guy and pointing I saw some arms moving about and heard some more of the disrespectfull kid then saw the CO with rods in hand. I was in my truck and leaving at this point so I'm hoping the kid learned something but I'm sure he didn't

I didn't tell the CO and I never called them either.

I kinda thought it was going to be a mute point to call because I was sure they would not be there in time to act on the issue . I guess I was wrong.

It's not always young punks though they come in all ages, years ago I witnessed a 60 year or so old man get into a fist fight with an undercover CO they were both rolling around in the water untill my buddy grabbed the old guy off, the CO smashed his head and split it open off a rock when he fell into the river, needless to say the cops showed up and arrested the guy. Same deal though the guy was fishing past the line and the CO politely asked him to stop then the idiot punched him in the face, still the craziest day on the water for me other than maybe a guy that had a dead black bear in his boat fishing with no hunting licence or gun licence ,lol, lot's of idiots in all shapes and forms.

When I grew up fathers rods seized, child arrives home and explains what happened, child recieves a brief whooping and learns lesson and never does it again. Today child arrives home, child recieves whooping, child calls childrens aid, father charged and child removed and told it is not their fault and require special therapy. World heading to hell in a hand basket, sorry am I thinking out loud again!

When I grew up fathers rods seized, child arrives home and explains what happened, child recieves a brief whooping and learns lesson and never does it again. Today child arrives home, child recieves whooping, child calls childrens aid, father charged and child removed and told it is not their fault and require special therapy. World heading to hell in a hand basket, sorry am I thinking out loud again!

Yup...The words"WAIT TIL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME" dont hold as much power as they used to.wallbash.gif

I warned an older guy the other day when I was out fishing with young_one mainly because he had a smaller child with him. I didn't want to see him get busted and ruin the kids day. He didn't even thank me, in fact he gave me a nasy look and then he went and fished right beside the sign... <_<

anyone able to PM me Mitch's (Durham area CO) email address? I sent him an email the other day from my blackberry about guys snagging fish and it bounced back for some reason. Thanks!

That area is very well posted as a, no fishing area. Maybe he couldnt read and mis understood the picture on the sign. Thinking that there are no fish there, and he wanted to prove it for himself.oops.gif

Im sure he got what he deserved.

the first time your kid says to you "Dad Im calling the police" your response is "fine go ahead but remember Ill have your ass kicked like no tommorrow before the cops even get here........."

A buddy of mine did that and his kid smartened right up LOL

My child pulled that "I'll call the cops" thing once. At that point I made him pack his bags. He had a choice. Live by my law in my house, or live by their law in some foster home. Issue never came up again.

I don't cut any poacher slack. If they realize they are wrong, and stop, after a gentle reminder, fine. If not, thwn the CO gets all the help info I can provide.

So I was just down at the local creek. there is a dam there and a wire just below that clearly sates not to fish from the wire up (towards the dam)

well I get there and see a kid fishing the restricted area . I say to my self should I go over or not and let him know. well I did and I get a pile of abuse back like who am I and such. I Let the kid know if a CO ccomes he will be in trouble. I then took off to look about the river. I was gone from the area for about 20 min and returned because I parked there. Well Guess what there was a CO there talking with the guy and pointing I saw some arms moving about and heard some more of the disrespectfull kid then saw the CO with rods in hand. I was in my truck and leaving at this point so I'm hoping the kid learned something but I'm sure he didn't

You should've went over and started clapping or gave him the thumbs up or something. Serves him right.

the first time your kid says to you "Dad Im calling the police" your response is "fine go ahead but remember Ill have your ass kicked like no tommorrow before the cops even get here........."

A buddy of mine did that and his kid smartened right up LOL

i would say "call an ambulance too...youll need it more"

You've been watching too much Russell Peters. :)

anyone able to PM me Mitch's (Durham area CO) email address?

I don't have that, but there is an MNR tips number, 1-877-847-7667. Got that from somewhere a couple of years ago, never needed to call it myself so I don't know if it's still in use but I don't see why it wouldn't be. I understand that you can also call Crimestoppers at the well known 222-TIPS