New Years Resolutions??

NAW

Well, on Jan 1 I tipped the scales at 227.5 lbs. :(

My goal was to drop 30 lbs by the May 24 weekend.

This morning (after a healthy sub for dinner last night courtesy of Dave!) I weighed in at 197.

I was able to achieve my goal 1 month early! :thumbsup_anim:

I've been on crazy diets before, and gained all the weight back. This time, there was no "real" diet. I just stopped over eating, reduced my alcohol consumption by about 50%, and run twice a week.

I've ran over 100kms this year. :stretcher:

Anyone else hit their resolution goals this year? I would love to hear others sucess stories too.

Edited by N.A.W

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS! :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

All kidding aside, I did start getting out for a mall walk each morning, but it seemed to be no help at all. Then a blood test revealed that for some reason my B12 level had basically disappeared, so now I'm on a regimen of shots and supplements. Hopefully I'll have a bit more energy soon.

Funny I was suprised people, including yourself, were able to reconise me last night since I do not resemble that fit guy in my avatar picture. :thumbsup_anim:

There's been lots of recent pics of you floating around. Easily recognizable guy. Cudz too, but I never got a chance to say hi to him.

Edited by N.A.W

Congrats Nick. There will be a little more room in the shack for you next winter. I'm pretty sure I've consumed the 50% of the alcohol you avoided. Seriously Christmas 2009 I weighed in at 205 lbs and Christmas 2010 I was about 195 lbs. I'm comfortably fitting in my size 34 waist jeans now. I'm sure I'll get bigger this summer with the consumption of beer, marshmallows (Yes I said Marshmallow) and smores around the fire.

clapping.gif

The wife and i have been following weight watchers for the last month. I have dropped 12lbs, the wife 10.

We exercise everynite as soon as we get home.I do weight reps for 20 minutes followed by 5 kms on the recumbant bike.

I was surprised to notice that during my routine, my heart rate hovers around 110 bpm, and quickly drops after i stop exercising.

i still need to lose another 30-40 lbs, but im in better shape than i thoughtthumbsup_anim.gif

Congrtas on your achievement.good.gif keep up the good work.

Paul

Congrats on the weight loss! It is a real accomplishment.

Since getting married, I have put on some weight, and need to work it off.

I got married almost 4 years ago. I weighed 170 lbs. That was the peak of my weight loss on an Aitkins type diet.. Gained all the weight back +20 pounds.. up to 230 in about 3 years. Brutal..

Hey, thanks for all the comments guys.

I hope little things like this can inspire others in my situation to do the same. Summers comin, gotta look good with the shirt off trolling by hooters for spring pike!

Funny I was suprised people, including yourself, were able to reconise me last night since I do not resemble that fit guy in my avatar picture. :thumbsup_anim:

When I was expecting you to pick up that spud bar,I was expecting the kungfoo fighter.LOL

Good on ya NAW. I went throught the whole regime of eating right and working out. I produced faster then I thought and felt fantastic. Lost way to much wieght. was not comfortable.Put back on 15 and am now happy and steady at the 186 range.Eating right and drinking just the right amount, will do that for ya. :canadian:

I weighed in at 245lbs on new years day after the first year at my new job as an outside sales rep for a construction supply company ( lots of lunch meetings, driving around and coffees on the jobsite). I was leading a concrete forming crew before that always worked off the calories and stayed in shape. I got back in the gym and just adjusted my alcohol consumption as well by about 50% too, 2 porkchops and salad instead of 4 pork chops and loaded bake potatoes and has resulted in a drop of 25lbs and back into my 34 jeans. The goal was 45lbs by the end of the year. Congrats on your success.