need help !!!! regarding a co officer

bigredfisher

Guest gbfisher

Although it's not a criminal record it will still be in the system and if a CO chooses to check for previous convictions under the Fish & Game Act it will show up on a computer search.

To quick Woodsman. :)

That's almost humorous considering they can look to see if you have a license but they don't. :D

It would be a worth while Bet I'd wager for. :lol:

Edited by gbfisher

It's just a fine correct? Not a criminal charge. There is no trial for a fine, just a meeting with the Crown more than likely. He'll record what you say and thats about it, it's not like you murdered someone, lol.

More than likely the Crown will hear you out, reduce the fine, then you pay it. Thats about it

He'll stand in front of the judge.. And depending on where the court is, that's the only person he'll talk to..

The Crown can recommend the fine be reduced, but they don't approve it.. That's the job of the judge.

So let me get this straight because I'm confused now.

If my buddy and I are fishing on my boat, do we have to keep our fish seperate? We often put our fish into one livewell. Is this considered party fishing?

Peter

if you have not more then a one person limit (including)slot size yes you both can throw your fish in a livewell...like in a tourney....

but other wish you need to be able to tell which ones are yours.......shower curtain clips work well, a safety pin or get a paper hole punch and pop a hole in the fin

anything to prove which ones are yours or you are illegal

That's almost humorous considering they can look to see if you have a license but they don't. :D

They WILL call in to see if you have a previous convictions or fines saw it with my own eye's last weekend guy forgot to renew his lisence and because he had no previous convictions he got a warning and 24 hours to get his lisence and prove it which he did the CO was really nice and treated him fairly :thumbsup_anim:

He'll stand in front of the judge.. And depending on where the court is, that's the only person he'll talk to..

The Crown can recommend the fine be reduced, but they don't approve it.. That's the job of the judge.

Actually for this type of charge he will appear in front of a Justice of the Peace not a Judge.

What makes you think they don't check your drivers license validity? Every time your stopped by the police when they run you for a driving related stop, they also include a drivers license check and criminal records check. Firearms registry check is also done on most calls in particular if it's at your home or is violence related.

See, this is just the stuff that gets me raging. Here is a guy, who seems decent enough, who gets nailed for something silly. Between the 3 guys on board, they were well under thier combined limits. No big deal IMO.

Meanwhile, just down the lake, is a boat with 4 guys, keeping EVERYTHING that comes over the gunnels (bass included, and over limits) and gets away with it. Our justice system is a joke. I say we all take it into our own hands. The MNR is a JOKE!! Ministry of NO RESULTS!!!!

I've been out for panfish 3 times, each time I witnessed infractions. Each time I called the tips line, one time leaving my GPS coordinates. Still NOTHING happens. I haven't even talked to a real person on that line yet. What a joke!!!!!

Man, this stuff pisses me off!!!! I swear, the next ignorant :asshat: that gets within casting distance of my boat, bumps into my boat, or i see keeping too many, or the wrong species of fish, is gonna push the wrong button, and I'm gonna snap...........then it will be ME who gets charged......such a JOKE!!!

I'm usually a very calm, easy going, nice guy, but enough is enough!! To hear that you were charged for something so minor, while, on the same day I reported guys releasing dead fish, to keep bigger ones, really burns my :asshat:

I hope you go to court and it gets thrown out!! I know I would be going!!!

Good luck!!

S.

Guest gbfisher

What makes you think they don't check your drivers license validity? Every time your stopped by the police when they run you for a driving related stop, they also include a drivers license check and criminal records check. Firearms registry check is also done on most calls in particular if it's at your home or is violence related.

I'm talking about a fishing license and where I fish they take yer stuff and make you go to court to prove you have one.

24hrs to show is almost unheard of. Sure they can do that but as I said..where I fish they don't

You told him to quick that it would not go on his criminal record if he has one....is all I meant...lol Was just having a bit of fun. :D till you wrecked it.. :lol:

I'm talking about a fishing license and where I fish they take yer stuff and make you go to court to prove you have one.

24hrs to show is almost unheard of. Sure they can do that but as I said..where I fish they don't

Actually they may be able to check if you have a valid fishing license.

As the licenses can be sold by non-ministry staff & most are (ie: Canadian Tire, fishing/tackle shops ect.) if the retailer has not forwarded the paperwork to the ministry & or the ministry has processed it yet you may have a valid license that they have no access to validating.

A charge of "failure to produce a license" (onus on you) is not the same as " fishing without a license" although the penalties may not seem to tell it.

Is it really on your record...or just a fine like a speeding ticket? :dunno:

It depends on what record your talking about.

It will not appear on a criminal records check but will appear on a check of your drivers license records if it's a speeding ticket. IIRC it's there for 3 years.

Not sure haw long a Fish & Game Act convictions remains on file.

Liquor License Act convictions are also available to the police if they decide to check them.

I don't consider party fishing a big deal...

but it is the law, so you can't/shouldn't do it

he got caught

I don't look at him as a rapist of our natural resources....

a minor infraction

he got caught

the fine is a slap on the wrist

if I made a choice to break the law, I sure as hell would not post it on a website

and really really really not on this site which does hold people up to the highest morality standards ..........which isn't a bad thing

I think a lot of laws need to be changed....however this one may have it's place

I do know of someone who took 6 kids fishing

the kids caught about 10 fish total, then he proceeded to catch a limit for each of the kids plus his limit................

he wasn't taking kids fishing, he was taking limits that he wanted to fill, fishing ..if party fishing became legal this could happen more often

many/most fishermen believe the reg that you have to release a slot sized fish, even if it died to be absurd

their argument seems sound, "I didn't know it was a slot sized fish when I hooked it, it's bladder was sticking out of it's mouth..it is dead why oh why would you let perfectly good meat go to waste ........you didn't mean to kill it you didn't break the law killing it why waste the meat..make it part of your limit and you reduce the number of fish you kill/take home and release dead..

but if they change the law you know people will keep fish out of the hole long enough to kill the fish then say oops I can' release it , I guess I will have to keep this slot sized fish now.........it would happen a lot..IMHO

checks and balances

Edited by Terry®

Lots of laws need changing.

For instance: It's illegal to shoot your own vehicle. what the hell

I won't explain how I know this, long story.

Hahahaha

I think the party fishing law is OK.

It is also a BIG NO NO to shoot yourself in the leg in NYC...just ask Plaxico Burress....LOL dumb :asshat: is schedule to be release in June for shooting himself... :rofl2: