BBQ for the Boat

Pikeslayer

Good Day,

I'm thinking of purchasing a portable BBQ for the boat;

http://www.napoleong..._gas_grill.html

Primarily, I would like to have this available for the 4/5 hour days/evenings on Lake Ontario.

Just wondering if any of you have done the same and if there are any issues I should be concerned about. I'm thinking about pole mounting it in the bow (where the seat mount is).

SANY0110-1.jpg

Edited by pikeslayer

I am not sure anyone here would say its safe. However I have a 16' lund and I bring a portable barbeque on mine and just set it up on the front casting deck and bbq all the time. Not even sure if thats legal or not.... maybe I should look into the legality of it.

There are all kinds of portable barbecues available for use on a boat. Some of them clamp on railings, others mount into rod holders or plug into the pedestal seat base plate (as you mentioned you want to do). Go rummage around a couple of boating stores and you'll find all kinds of BBQs. Splurge for a stainless steel model to avoid corrosion issues.

Nothing beats having hot food on the water. Just be ready when other guys fishing nearby stare at you like you just shot their dog.

Freedom Grill FG50!!

I've had this thing for 4 years now and no problems whatsoever!!

Really , it's guaranteed 3 years or 30.000 Miles...

It comes with me everywhere I go. I saved 150$ by BBQ'n in the parking lot at Canada's Wonderland VS buying their food:clapping:

I brought it to cook lunch at the little Callander Bay G2G

It's made to stay on your hitch or removes for table top use..

It sits on a swivel that takes a 2.5" tube .. very easy to install on a pedestal seat post.. tough as nails an cooks a great steak..

You'd have a ton of room on your boat for it.

http://www.freedomgrill.com

bbq.jpg

bbq2.jpg

bbq3.jpg

bbq4.jpg

I love it!

Randy

:canadian:

Don't quote me on this....but I think in the USA it's illegal unless you have the proper equipment.....I know on 2 houseboat trips in the Kawathans we had a full size gas grill aboard.......but if you do decide to BBQ onboard PLEASE be EXTRA cautious because you could turn your boat into a bomb. Do some extra research on this before just doing it...maybe contact your Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary for info.

Good Luck and play it SAFE,

Bob

Be careful if you refill 1 lb propane cylinders, using an adapter. Hahaha

BBQ and boat, just be careful and mindful of what could catch fire.

I cooked beef ribs on a portable BBQ, that was on someones tailgate.

Standing in a motel room at the Hungry Bear, enjoying a beverage, looking forward to the beef ribs (lots of fat) I happened to notice everything was on fire, BBQ, tailgate, parking lot, etc. Lots of fat on them things. Got all flames extinguished and no damage to anything, just the grease that was on fire.

That was the install picture in 2007. I did it so we could have shore lunch, or grill some burgers, without going to shore in the back bays of Temagami... or when camping in the boat. Stove is completely over the side and works very well. I get liquid flames when I overfill the 1 lber though... :w00t::o:D

Freedom Grill FG50!!

I've had this thing for 4 years now and no problems whatsoever!!

Really , it's guaranteed 3 years or 30.000 Miles...

It comes with me everywhere I go. I saved 150$ by BBQ'n in the parking lot at Canada's Wonderland VS buying their food:clapping:

I brought it to cook lunch at the little Callander Bay G2G

It's made to stay on your hitch or removes for table top use..

It sits on a swivel that takes a 2.5" tube .. very easy to install on a pedestal seat post.. tough as nails an cooks a great steak..

You'd have a ton of room on your boat for it.

http://www.freedomgrill.com

bbq.jpg

bbq2.jpg

bbq3.jpg

bbq4.jpg

I love it!

Randy

:canadian:

Thats a sweet set-up......Tailgateing dream kitchen. you can also run a propane hose directly to your spare tire hahahahahaha

Edited by canadadude

I'm with BillM on this one...

I love my Weber Q100

bought a portable bbq at costco a month back (nexgrill portable stainless)

it could barely grill a steak

went out and bought the weber and it's great, no complaints

i use it as my "main" bbq in the appartment cause we are not allowed to have bbqs

i use it as my "main" bbq in the appartment cause we are not allowed to have bbqs

Errrrr.....ah, not good......and could be illegal (found out almost everything in Canada is illegal... :o )inside a apartment, unless of course you use it under a range hood but my guess would be no. But to each his own.

Errrrr.....ah, not good......and could be illegal (found out almost everything in Canada is illegal... ohmy.gif )inside a apartment, unless of course you use it under a range hood but my guess would be no. But to each his own.

Bob !!!he uses it on his balcony, not inside his appartment ya silly redneckwhistling.gif

Are you sure you want it on the bow seat?, The smell of the food cooking could cause your boat to flood and sink.......Just think of the Puddles of Drool from you friends. :Gonefishing:

I think the bow/casting deck is the way to go (regardless of the drool factor). There's too much goin' on at the stern and you gotta go with safety first (there'll be an additional A/B/C on board).

Im going to wait until the Mistress is home from storage and have my fabricating buddy come up with a portable/solid mounting solution.

BTW, I'm liking the weber Q series (construction and portability) and I won't be doing any DYI propane refills.

mmmmmmmmmm......... Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burgers on the boat :thumbsup_anim: