BBQ for the Boat

Pikeslayer

I think the bow/casting deck is the way to go (regardless of the drool factor). There's too much goin' on at the stern and you gotta go with safety first (there'll be an additional A/B/C on board).

Im going to wait until the Mistress is home from storage and have my fabricating buddy come up with a portable/solid mounting solution.

BTW, I'm liking the weber Q series (construction and portability) and I won't be doing any DYI propane refills.

mmmmmmmmmm......... Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burgers on the boat :thumbsup_anim:

Do you have a quick release braket for a bow mount motor? If so, you could attach it there as long as you don't to bring both the barbeque and the bow mount.

If you have time to BBQ on the boat, the your fishing time is suffering. We hardly have time to eat a sandwich, we keep ourselves quite busy.

Just my .02

David aka Superdad

Thx David.

I wish we were constantly boating fish and not have time to eat, that would be the utlitmate day. As I mentioned, I am considering this for LO trolling trips only. 4-5 hours on the water and a 12/13 mile trip out to the Bluezone makes for a hungry crew. I do a number of 'charity charters' every summer (July/Aug) and would like to include a hot bbq meal for the guests.

When we are on the water in Seguin, I agree. There is too much going on and too little timegood.gif

Here's the answer to your question and it's homemade, sort of. But you might have to add a little more floatation foam to your boat....:w00t:

I LOVE the name "Grillzilla".... :thumbsup_anim:

Now if you miscalculate on additional flotation foam you could just change the name to "Subzilla"... :rofl2:

I keep spending money when I read these types of psost . I just bought the Napoleon Portable that was recommended and sold on Costco.ca. It has more BTUs than the Weber, and the reviews on the Costco website actually has someone who has compared the two and prefers the one from Costco. And it is $10 cheaper than compared to the Weber sold at Home Depot.

Edited by fisher