Help on a pressure washer. (NF)

Roy

I've had an electric pressure washer for 5-6 years. It's a 1750 lb model and I've never liked it...it leaks at all the connections and could never distribute the cleaning agent. There's a 50% special on a gas model, 2900lbs here and was fixin' to get it today. Any thoughts?

You will be much happier with the gas unit. The only caution is with the extra pressure you need to back off the work area to keep from damaging it. Since it is a gas unit an you will most likly keep it in the garage make sure you blow out the pump and hoses if it is going to be below freezing it will save the ceramic seat and plungers in the pump.

Art

Every thing Art said plus,

It's a big difference between 1750 and 2900, so make sure you

HANG on to the wand with BOTH HANDS.

Start out further away from what ever you are washing and then get closer.

2900 can rip paint off if your not careful. :thumbsup_anim:

The difference is like night and day.

I started out with an electric.

Now i have 2 electrics and a Big gas model.

I love the gas model best!!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Definetely get the gas.

Any box store 120V plug-in pressure washer is a pain. Biggest problem is plugging them into a big long extension cord at too light gauge of wire. These things are drawing a minimum 12 to 13 amps if plugged directly into the wall, add 50' of extension to get the thing to where you need to use it and the thing will overheat, trip thermal overloads or the breaker in your box. Even if you do get it work OK on the cord you have, the motor runs too hot and shortens it's life span. The cost of a decent 12 gauge extension cord of any length, may be as much as the pressure washer itself.

The gas machine will go anywhere, limited only by a water supply. With a proper foot valve suction kit, you can even draw from the lake if need be.

One thing to consider on any pressure washer, is not only the pressure, but more important is the flow rate. 1200 psi at 4 gpm will clean much better than 2400 psi at only 2 gpm.

Why do i have this image in my head of Roy flying around 50' off the ground on the handle screeming, SHUT IT OFFFFFFFFFFF !!!!!!!!

Just remember Roy, you have to hang on for 8 seconds to get any points... :rofl2:

:tease::tease::tease:

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Use a shower like the rest of us Roy. How dirty can one man get? :o

Gas all the way! But like Art said, either blow out the lines or use RV antifreeze in the pump if it will be stored below zero or for more than 3 months. I just made up a short piece of hose to hook to the inlet of the pump and pour the antifreeze in to it. Also STABILIZER in the gas!!!

Why do i have this image in my head of Roy flying around 50' off the ground on the handle screeming, SHUT IT OFFFFFFFFFFF !!!!!!!!

Just remember Roy, you have to hang on for 8 seconds to get any points... rofl2.gif

tease.giftease.giftease.gif

rofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

Thats gonna cost you a whole lotta brownie points Skeets !!!!!th_doh.gif

Keep pissin' yaselves...got my pressure washer and I don't have to climb 23' of ladder to wash my upstairs windows. Suits me fine. :)

2900psi Simoniz? I have the same one, still in the box downstairs :) Should be taking it out any day now!