One Last Kick at the Can - Ice Fishing

Leecher

Ice fishing season is coming to an end up here (March 31st) and today Whitespinnerbait and I planned to target one of our local lake one last time for whities :)

When I woke up this morning, temps was -9C, clear skies with a slight westerly at around 7KM/H..... well that was all we needed to know and head out. Upon arriving at destination, the winds had double in strength and stayed present throughout our stay :w00t: Suffice to say, we all got wind burned but was a real good time out there :)

Not 5 minutes after setting up my jigging rod with a MR. Champ tipped with a white fish fry, I got a small hit..... jigged a couple of times and got another :blink: continued jigging and then WHAM!!! FISH ON!!!!

The fight was not long since I was in about 25 fow but this fish gave some big head shakes B) I really thought it was a laker but to my surprise this beauty whitie made it's way up the hole :D

DSC05377.jpg

I didn't take any other pics cause that was the only fish I landed today :blush: but still it was great to be out with friends :)

Paul got to land a few OOS lakers which made it's way back ASAP!!!

Not sure if he has any other pics but want to say thank you Paul for a great time :good:

Now time to go bowling "rock & bowl" style to raise funds for my daugther's YBC National tournament

Hope you enjoy!!!

Leechman

***** Update *****

Here's a couple of pics of the beaut and me that a friend took with his blackberry:

img00036201103260957.jpg

img00037201103260957.jpg

Edited by Leechman

I tried to get a panfish upgrade for Team 8 today to find there was no safe way on the ice where we wanted to go (unless you laid a 20' ladder down from shore to ice).

It's a NICE fish Jacques for sure!

yeah! go team 8.

Nice fish ... way to get one more outing

Thanks Chad!!!

Good job Jacques. :clapping:

We had started open water season here, but everything has iced back up the past 2 nights.

Thanks Bruce!!! The Ottawa and Gatineau rivers are wide open but the lakes have a good 20"+ of solid black ice on them :) Were back in the deep freeze now today -17C with windchill :w00t:

I tried to get a panfish upgrade for Team 8 today to find there was no safe way on the ice where we wanted to go (unless you laid a 20' ladder down from shore to ice).

It's a NICE fish Jacques for sure!

Thanks Geoff!!! Better be safe than sorry.... I guess you guys will have open water sooner than us.... Trout opener is just around the corner and I'm sure we'll have iceberg's floating for opening day :blink:

Thank you for risking your life for team 8 jacques

Slayer,

Thanks Simon!!! I wasn't in any danger since I was standing on 20"+ of black ice but the rumbling sure happen frequently yesterday :glare:

Nice job Leechman!

Did you see any trucks or Sunfires out on the ice today?

Thanks Slop!!! We saw 5 or 6 trucks go by yesterday.... and the Sunfire was part of the contigent.... Were you in one of them trucks???

nice fish.

Thanks Chris!!!

Edited by Leechman

Good Job Jacques :clapping:

Thanks Terry!!!

You are the man, Jacques!! We (team 8) needed that baby!!! :thumbsup_anim:

We certainly did.... Thanks Frankie!!!

ALL HAIL the OL' mighty jaques. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

the only man who can catch a white fish in a sunfire.

awesome work jaques.

did you have a piece of fish last night ?

Thanks Kevin!!! No not yet.... after this long wonderful day, had to prep it (filet it) and then get ready for bowling. I still have to remove the middle bones and then it's good to go in the pan B)

Really nice fish. I have never caught a whitey . How do they taste relative to a lake trout?

Thanks cram!!! I never eat lake trout so I can't give you a comparison but whities taste relatively close to walleyes, only better :)

Edited by Leechman

Nice fish Jacques :Gonefishing:

That one fish probably made your day.

Thanks Erik!!! It sure did B) I was glad to see that it had inhaled my treble hook... it wasn't going nowhere except on top of the ice :)

Nice!

Some good eats!

Thanks TDunn!!! Oui Oui :D

nice white leech congrats

Thanks Corvy!!!