Bass pro pricing

jedimaster

Just wounding what happened to bass pro? I was at the sale yesterday and many of the sale prices were still higher than the regular price at other prices? I did drop 80 buck on some plastics an what not. I regret some of the things though as they're still cheaper at ctc even. Like the live target frog I bought for 11.49 is 10.99 at ctc. I know 50 cents. But cheaper is cheaper. I don't mind paying more for device but I don't think anyone goes to bps for service... This isn't a knock bass pro thread. Just a head up..

Edited by jedimaster

Those Live Target frogs are under $11 at LB and with their no tax sale, it's the best price I've seen. I've also mentioned it on a previous post. I received both master catalog from BPS and LB and almost on every fishing item the price was better at LB. Unless there are specific items on sale at BPS, I am going to shop closer to home this year.

Well since you brought it up.

Those orange boating safety kits,

the ones that are $24.99 at bass pro.

Are$9 at walmart and $11 at ctc.

I told the manager that 3 years ago and to this day they still have not lowered the price.... :dunno:

$11 for Koppers stuff is about as cheap as you'll see. Is that the CTC sale price? I can't imagine it'll be the regular price, but fine with me if it is!

LB simply works on narrower margins. I don't believe their cost is any different from BPS.

some stuff from lebaron has gone up in prices. compared last years and this years and some stuff ive seen have gone up from a dollar to 50 bucks!!!!

even tried to see if there was a "special" tag from last year and nothing. must be something to do with the economy.

I received both master catalog from BPS and LB and almost on every fishing item the price was better at LB.

That's not a fair comparison. The BPS master catalog prices are in USD. Lebaron prices are CAD.

I know on average prices are higher in Ontario but here are my picks when purchasing something here in NYS or by Internet...

#1 CABELA'S (internet only)...NO TAX at ALL

#2 BPS (only if I'm driving past the Auburn, NY store 100 miles away)

#3 Dicks Sporting Goods

#4 Expensive Mountain (last resort, I HATE this store)

Gas prices affect transport cost,bottom line is the consumer pays.I'm getting dinged for fuel surcharges by my suppliers, bottom line, my customers pay.BUT at least i reduce prices when transport cost go down.

I have compared locally, and lowest prices are CTC, LeBarons, then Sail, in that order, although i picked up a few Live Target frogs for 10.99 and a Smelt Minnow for 11.99 at Sail today.I order a few things from BPS, but never again, cost twice the price once you figured in shipping.

BPS is my favorite store and I am glad its an hour drive to get there or I would be there every week!!! :wallbash:

BPS is no different than any other store you just have to watch what you buy and pick your spots, I like sales and as a general rule I keep my purchases down until sales are on and that goes for BPS,CTC or any other store.

I love the Redhead hiking shoes I bought on sale for 39 bucks,I like the deals on Trilene that I got on Thursday,I like the 10 spinner baits I got for 20 bucks yesterday, I love the JMS reel I bought yesterday for 89 bucks(should have bought 2) and I love the fact that every thing that I need is under one big roof!

I will admit I paid the extra 50 cents for a couple of those Live Target frogs hey can Bass see the fancy paint job on the top of these frogs :rofl2:

Their prices were always high. I tend to make any large purchases from Le Baron, but unfortunately they also started raising their prices a couple of years ago. Le Baron is still cheaper for the most part. Of course, I always have to shop around since no one place carries everything I look for.

Well since you brought it up.

Those orange boating safety kits,

the ones that are $24.99 at bass pro.

Are$9 at walmart and $11 at ctc.

I told the manager that 3 years ago and to this day they still have not lowered the price.... :dunno:

Why would they lower them if people still come in and buy them for $25?

They are in the business to make money.

We only ever wait at BPS for their spring classic for their sales. They really gotta get like Dick's and have some genuinely special "specials" more than just during the classic...Maybe a couple dollars for a Rapala, senkos a bag for 5 bucks or something. It'll really make me feel better about buying from them.

As for their usual priced stuff, there's some stuff that's better, lots that's worse...Compare your prices before you head out. I like to go out a specific store according to the what I need to get. BPS is usually amongst the last of the places I go because it's just so far.

I find LeBarons usually has the better pricing, especially with the 10% off club - however their return policy is not as good as BPS - if i have a big purchase - unless its a lot cheaper at LeBarons, i will buy at BPS.

LeBarons also doesn't seem to have a lot of selection - more at BPS.

I was there today and overall I was disappointed. I wanted to get a few Koppers Live Target herrings and frogs. Their prices were no different that what I could get at home at a small local tackle store - so I'll get them locally.

Sufix braid is cheaper this week at CTC. So I'll buy a few spools there.

They should have their daily "specials" run for the full classic time not just that day - I would have liked the Trilene line that was the Thursday special.

They still are the masters of selection - but their prices can be beat.

It's still fun at the candy store even though I may not buy as much

WR