Earth Hour

mercman

Seems :asshat: backwards, but the City of Barrie is throwing a concert tonight for Earth Day.. They're gunna be in front of city hall for the entire evening. Pumping musing though big speakers, sucking back lots of hydro..

Who knows, maybe they'll have an acoustic portion during Earth Hour.. I doubt it though.

As for what I'm doing. Not much. Watching TV.. I never leave the lights on in my house any ways, or my wife yells at me. I guess she thinks I look better in the dark..

Attaboy Cram have a great time.

Pretty sure this earth hour thing is going political and will go into lockdown soon.

The big blue machine really is afraid of the dark and is trying to convince the rest of us likewise.

OK BOOO----Not sure how Ignatieff ends up in an earth hour thread??

Here is the stupidity behind this save energy nonsense.

They want us to save energy, reduce consumption, and allegedly we'll do the earth a good thing and save money.

We've done good at reducing consumption and hydro usage is down. What happens next? Hydro declares a shortfall in revenues due to an energy surplus and rewards us with increases in hydro rates, and smart meters. Then they practically give away the surplus hydro south of the border rather than downscaling energy production.

Why would I voluntarily choose to screw myself yet again.

Hopefully with the onset of a federal election OFC will Ban ANY political talk on this board.

I see it rearing here---had them at my door already on day 1 (Yeah I believe the Cons did'nt want an election)

Sick of the scare tactics already---Like I understand when you had that Blue chip brain implant it's your duty to go on any public communication forum while facing Alberta and try and convince everyone the world is coming to an end----Funny maybe we're quite capable for thinking for ourselves.

Now the original poster asked those that may care even a little what they were going to do to help even a little, even if symbolic. Nice respect for a fellow member

Funny how the agenda kicks in.

Hopefully with the onset of a federal election OFC will Ban ANY political talk on this board.

I see it rearing here---had them at my door already on day 1 (Yeah I believe the Cons did'nt want an election)

Sick of the scare tactics already---Like I understand when you had that Blue chip brain implant it's your duty to go on any public communication forum while facing Alberta and try and convince everyone the world is coming to an end----Funny maybe we're quite capable for thinking for ourselves.

Now the original poster asked those that may care even a little what they were going to do to help even a little, even if symbolic. Nice respect for a fellow member

Funny how the agenda kicks in.

I actually met David Suzuki years ago up in Owensound he was driving a big gas guzzling Toyota land Cruiser at the time, I think back then he was pounding the table about the pending ice age so the carbon foot print wasn`t a big deal back then.

Whats Al Gore`s bigfoot carbon foot print lookike these days? :wallbash:

Seems :asshat: backwards, but the City of Barrie is throwing a concert tonight for Earth Day.. They're gunna be in front of city hall for the entire evening. Pumping musing though big speakers, sucking back lots of hydro..

Who knows, maybe they'll have an acoustic portion during Earth Hour.. I doubt it though.

As for what I'm doing. Not much. Watching TV.. I never leave the lights on in my house any ways, or my wife yells at me. I guess she thinks I look better in the dark..

THe plan is to actually go acoustic during the hour. I guess to make up for all the power they were using just before the hour. lol.

Having said that, I would consider this area right of center on the political spectrum so it is possible we may just get a huge light show during earth hour :clapping:

Edited by Cudz

Here is the stupidity behind this save energy nonsense.

They want us to save energy, reduce consumption, and allegedly we'll do the earth a good thing and save money.

We've done good at reducing consumption and hydro usage is down. What happens next? Hydro declares a shortfall in revenues due to an energy surplus and rewards us with increases in hydro rates, and smart meters. Then they practically give away the surplus hydro south of the border rather than downscaling energy production.

Why would I voluntarily choose to screw myself yet again.

Ha, you beat me to it, my last monthly bill was $74 of which only $22 was actual use, the remainder was delivery of $34 and then the debt retirement, HST, etc. $34 for delivery eh? The hydro wires are the same ones that have been here for 30 years and still going strong.

THe plan is to actually go acoustic during the hour. I guess to make up for all the power they were using just before the hour. lol.

Having said that, I would consider this area right of center on the political spectrum so it is possible we may just get a huge light show during earth hour :clapping:

Funny how that one worked out. I live a few Km away from the city hall.. I didn't hear any music prior or during earth hour. But shortly after earth hout, I could here the music inside my house, overpowering the TV..

I ate some fish that wasn't transported thousands of miles or processed by several people. The ice hole was cut with a hand auger.

By the way "Earthday" was created in 1970 by julian kanig (volkwagen marketer) on april 22. April 22nd was his birthday. Birthday, earthday, brithday, earthday....