2004 Sunfire - Wipers Stopped working

Stoty

my jetta did that about a month ago.

i could hear the wipper moter. no movement with the wipers.

there are several linkages in there . it only takes one of the main ones close to the wiper moter to wear out .

my mechanic got the right part from the auto wrecker ant the whole deal only cost 90 bucks.

and no agrivation.

In your case it was the linkage that was seized. Common problem on the later year VW's. I've taken mine apart a few times and greased them. Added zerks the last time :)

I just took another look, and I CAN hear the motor running, so I'm betting it's the linkage.

I'm gonna tear some pieces off to see if I can get it figured out... mind you, I know NOTHING about cars!

Glad it's HER car!!! LOL :whistling:

Remove the wiper blades, place gently in a safe place... dispose of the car, you now have a perfectly good set of blades for when she buys her next bic.

HH

***sorry, I simply can't help myself!!!***

LOL...good one...

Stoty.....for now you can coat her windshield RainEx until repaired.

Believe me.... I've been trying to get her to buy something new for a while now! She's a highschool teacher, so she can afford it... but as we all know... Teacher's are very "thrifty" (to keep things politically correct). :whistling:

Why would he get it fixed for his girlfriend, her car, her problem. Besides, being a good girlfriend leads to being a good future wife and we all know that means spending time in the kitchen away from the phone and computer. Time away from the stove leads to potential burning of supper, a.k.a. unhappy husband syndrome. Now get back to your stove and no texting between stirring. :rofl2:

You must be single. :w00t: Or soon to be. :rofl2:

You must be single. :w00t: Or soon to be. :rofl2:

Nooo, working on 32 years with the same one. :angel: I see you posted at 11:51, that was awful close to lunch time. I'm suspecting you were neglecting your culinary duties again. :sarcasm: If you wish, I can send you a schedule of womanly duties and allowed timings. :rofl2:

Smile Twilight, just having fun with ya. :devil:

You Chevy lovers kill me. "Same thing happened to my Olds/Sunfire/Cavalier/Astro van". Lets not get into Chev heating systems when you need them most, like when it,s -40 where I live and work. Chevrolet. The brain washing of America at its finest.

because only chevys ever break right?

I work in conditions that I'm guessing you've never experienced before Tyler. 400 or 500 km's north of where you fish to be precise. You're a young guy. Lots of time yet to live and learn.

Stoty take her down to the Ford dealer and get her a new Taurus SHO there not very expensive and she will love ya for it.Problem solved.

Guess you could say that if 40 grand sounds like a cheap car to you. A demo at the Ford dealer in Burlington was 38 g's a couple of months ago. To me that isn't cheap.

I had the same problem with the wife's van on Friday.

When i took the plastic cap off the top of the motor there is a torx head screw there,

holding the linkage down to the top of the motor.

I went to undo that screw and found it slightly loose, like a 1/4 turn loose.

Tightened it up and the wipers worked, but the linkage on the top of the motor had moved so i just had to re align it. :thumbsup_anim: