Proposed rainbow trout regulation Change for Lake Ontario ( fmz 20)

aniceguy

Below is the information for a proposed regulatory change on Lake ontario ( fmz 20 ) for rainbow Trout, Its a great step into the future one that We at CRAA offer full support and your comments are more then welcome

please forward comments to [email protected]

Louis Milo Vice CHair

CRAA

RainbowLimitA.jpg

RainbowLimitB.jpg

Edited by aniceguy

Bill we wanted it to go to 1 across the board, and that would have made a huge difference, but 2 was a good first step, it gives a few years to analize if its the right move or a further reduction or slot needs to be done.

Bring on those Chromers

It has had a positive impact on Lake Huron's steelhead fishery...I agree with Shawn, why not include Erie as well. Does anyone really need to keep more than two 6-12 lb bows?

There are still plenty of salmon in Lake O, for those that are fishing in a charter, or trolling the big water...and wish to keep more fish.

It's about time! I'd also love to see a change in the pervasive attitude of many Lake O trollers that you might as well keep them because they won't release anyway. Contrary to popular belief, they'll swim away just fine (even on the hottest summer days) if you pop them off the hook right away without bringing them into the boat, taking pictures etc.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

This is terrific news to hear. I encourage everyone who fishes to send a reply to the above email addresses. It is nice to know what support you have when it comes to this type of discussion. Being on the advisory council for FMZ 17, we are starting discussions on cold water streams strategies. This will fall in nicely with my opinions and what I hope would be the general anglers opinions as well.

Cheers, Ron...

not sure why people would want to keep them anyway, lake O fish are not the greatest tasting or healthiest eating but to each his own. I hope this moves forward though and good luck niceguy

I know eh.. I was at the Ganny last fall, just for one day, and if the fish was smaller then 7 lbs, it went back, 7-15 lbs and it stayed on the bank. I guess bigger tastes better down that way lol. Was a slaughter show.

Interesting to say the least... however I can't help but think that to some degree, this change will be a recipe for many floaters out in the blue water.

I wonder what some of the Charter boat guys are thinking about this?

HH

Interesting to say the least... however I can't help but think that to some degree, this change will be a recipe for many floaters out in the blue water.

I wonder what some of the Charter boat guys are thinking about this?

HH

Maybe, maybe not. Bottom line is the fish has way more chance of survival in the lake than in an ice chest.

Another factor, steelhead and salmon are targetted in different ways, and usually in different zones.

An ethical charter captain will leave them alone once a limit is reached.