Who would be interested in a pike derby

misfish

SORRY EVERYONE.

JUST DID A VISIT TO THE SPOT AND THERES 4 FT GAP OF WATER AT THE EDGE. :wallbash:

EVEN THE MARINA DOCKS ARE SHOWING WATER AROUND THE EDGES OF THEM.GUESS THE RAIN DIDNT HELP.

A few years back I use to hold a fun pike derby here in Barrie.This is when lakers and whites are now closed,but perch can be caught there aswell. It,s just a fun half day event.7am-12pm. A day to M&G and have fun. 5 dollar entry,one winner.Longest fish, not wieght.The walk is like 2 minutes,just out from hooters.Ya we can have a cold one after were done.Holes will have been drilled before you arrive ,not sure about bait,as I havent checked with the local shop or been to Jacobs this year,but will give a call if thiers enough intrest.

Edited by Misfish

I remember that day well Norm, lotsa laffs despite the torrential downpour all morning.

Nice burgers in Hooters afterwards though :whistling::lol:

That was not the best day. Terry found out his suit was no longer water proof aswell. :tease:

I may be good to go. Hope the shoreline ice holds up with the warm weather coming.

I stopped by and had a look.Shoreline is solid for now.I,ll be keeping an eye on it as the week goes by.Still cold enough at night to keep it tight I think.

Sounds like fun, would love to get out one last time, but, how will the ice be after 9 and 10 degrees, Thursday/Friday?

Also, how is the parking there?

Ya I seen the temps and rain aswell.Looks like it will be a last minute call.As for parking,LOTS.

Sounds like fun, would love to get out one last time, but, how will the ice be after 9 and 10 degrees, Thursday/Friday?

Also, how is the parking there?

The ice? We'll have to see, the temps for the short term shouldn't hurt it too much, but the rain in the forecast might.

There is lots of free parking spaces on a Saturday at this time of year.

Edit: Wow I type/think slow.

Edited by kickingfrog

If the ice and access are good, and it's within walking distance from shore, count me in.

You wont even break a sweat Frankie.Hell if I drag Terys :asshat: ,I wont even break one.LOL

Edited by Misfish