Simcoe

fishnsled

Well my buddy just canceled for tomorrow and I'm trying to motivate myself into going. Who is going and where are you heading out of? Tomorrow is my last kick at the whities and lakers. How bad is the water on top? Can't see running the sled but maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe I should just start getting ready for the soft water season. B)

Me and my son are heading out tomorrow and coming home tuesday.

heading out to my hut for the perch.

If the ice has some snow on it and the conditions are dry we might just take a run up to fox to try the whities/lakers before we set up the hut.

Tuesday? :whistling: cough cough.

Why drive? Walking is so much safer then it was. :rofl2::rofl2:

I have a new idea for the show called Wipe out.Next year we should have a game called,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

KERPLUNK. :sarcasm::jerry::tease:

Edited by Misfish

Guest gbfisher

Tuesday? :whistling: cough cough.

Why drive? Walking is so much safer then it was. :rofl2::rofl2:

I have a new idea for the show called Wipe out.Next year we should have a game called,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

KERPLUNK. :sarcasm::jerry::tease:

Just cause its been warm a couple days everyone thinks the lake melted. :D:good:

It's gonna be good walking for a few more weeks at least! :) Which is OK by me.

Well I ended up staying home and working on the boat. It appears to have survived the winter quite well. Was hoping to drop it off for repairs today but things went a bit slower then I hoped. Put the back out the other day and it's just not quite right. So the arrangements are made to drop it off next Saturday and hopefully I should have it back by opener. Fingers crossed. If not I'll be looking for a spot in someone's boat. :) Good luck to those heading out tomorrow.

Edited by fishnsled

Went out yesterday and I must say it walking was a lot easier than I expected. If you're boots are water proof and you have cleats you are gold! 1-2" of slush and water, some areas 3" of water, but there's at least 18" of ice.

Walked out to fox island. Pulling ~50lbs of gear wasn't actually that bad. I think the water created some buoyancy offsetting the weight.

Only downside was no whitefish / lakers for me. I think I got some rises but they weren't interested. The final draw was around lunch Sat when it seemed like I was in the middle of a motocross. Ended moving anyway from everyone to catch some dinner (perch). Sonar didn't mark anything at first, but once I dropped my swedish pimple down, the screen just turned red. Can you say active feeding or what! Drop hook down, bring fish up. All the perch coming up were puking mouth fulls of small 2-3cm fish things... looked a little more developed than fry...

Around 4ish, everyone left... I went back 90FOW to try my luck again. Jumped 4-5 abandoned holes and couldn't mark a thing.

BTW, I have to say thank you to the guy in the blue 8man hut driving that pickup truck who had offered a ride back. But out of wanting to at least get some exercise since I didn't catch fish I declined... Although I did regret the decision... (I didn't quite realize I came that far out)... :-) Nevertheless, I appreciated the offer!!!

Wymen

Walking was real good today, the top had crusted up solid but you could see some water/bubbles underneath. A little windy here and there but it really tightened up good last 2 days. Only 1-2 spots near shore where you actually got your boots wet