Toronto Sportsmen Show!

cwpowell

Parking's not cheap. Nor is a round trip on the GO from Burlington.

I've been going since I was a kid. At current prices I can't see going there any more.

At least we are seeing more local venues starting up, like the Niagara show this weekend.

Another year of not going for me, the $14 or whatever is too much for the show i was at a few weeks back. $10 for adults and ill go, 20?? Ya right

It was $10 just for my slice of pizza and pop on top of that. I'll spend that $$ on lures at BPS during the classic.

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

Wow, that does seem like a lot. If you don't go for the seminars and other events you're definitely better off going after 5PM when it's $5. At that price, I really think they should include a bunch of free raffle tickets or something at least since not everyone goes to the events.

Another year of not going for me, the $14 or whatever is too much for the show i was at a few weeks back. $10 for adults and ill go, 20?? Ya right

It was $10 just for my slice of pizza and pop on top of that. I'll spend that $$ on lures at BPS during the classic.

:thumbsup_anim:

I have a few " $2.00 off adult admission " coupons that were in some newspaper ads and OOD magazine.

Anyone know if the $2.00 coupons are good after 5pm ???

The Le Baron coupon I have doesn't indicate any time restrictions for use.

I went last year after a long break from the TSS just to see the new venue. The new venue was crap. The show was terrible. I parked at Yorkdale Mall and lied to the parking lot monitors - the mall ain't open early in the morning so tell em you're going to the Tim Hortons - and took subway down from there. I got in to the show for free thanks to a friend with a booth there. I still felt ripped off. lol

In my opinion, the better deal is the BPS Classic - it has free parking, free entrance, better speakers, better deals and the mall is nice for the family.

Then again, $19 for a day of exercise and entertainment isn't that bad when you consider a movie is like $13-$14 for 90 minutes or so.

All just my personal opinion of course. :)

Charles

I never go anymore but when I did go i found that there is free parking at Ontario Place just acros the Lakeshore Rd. . A short hike up and over the bridge for sure but I like walking and $15 to park and $19 to get in is a no go for me. Come to think of it $19 is a no go period.

I have not missed A Toronto Sportsmen show in many years as I was involved one way or another with the Gold Whistle.

For me to go with my family would be about $75.00 just to get in the door.Plus gas plus a beer and a slice of pizza we are easily into a 150.00 dollar day. So I think I will go to BPS or better yet somewhere local to spend $150.00 or maybe more..I really dislike BPS but the guest speakers maybe worth the trip...

I went last year after a long break from the TSS just to see the new venue. The new venue was crap. The show was terrible. I parked at Yorkdale Mall and lied to the parking lot monitors - the mall ain't open early in the morning so tell em you're going to the Tim Hortons - and took subway down from there. I got in to the show for free thanks to a friend with a booth there. I still felt ripped off. lol

In my opinion, the better deal is the BPS Classic - it has free parking, free entrance, better speakers, better deals and the mall is nice for the family.

Then again, $19 for a day of exercise and entertainment isn't that bad when you consider a movie is like $13-$14 for 90 minutes or so.

All just my personal opinion of course. :)

Charles

$4 to watch a movie in Lindsay :whistling: At least for us broke students :P

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

When gasoline prices spike like this and inflation rises I just cut out these luxuries and save my income for more important things, like gas to go fishing.....

Sportsmen shows peaked years ago IMHO.....now they are mostly cash grab venues.