Just noticed this

kickingfrog

This year the fourth Friday in April is Good Friday... :wallbash:

Logic would follow that the fourth Saturday in April is the next day. :Gonefishing:

With extended seasons this may not be much of an issue for many, but it is a bit of a hiccup for some plans. :angry:

I know there will be a bunch of people fishing the river mouths with me on Friday. :stretcher:

Logic would follow that the fourth Saturday in April is the next day. :Gonefishing:

well yes, usually after every friday the next day is saturday.

atleast on this planet anyways. :sarcasm:

Okay, I know I'm slightly wacked by some pills this morning, but yes, after every friday comes a saturday, been doing that for a loooooong time and don't see any change soon. So what the heck is the difference between the 4th and 5th saturday, other the other 6 days between them. I'm sure the trout don't know, just sneak up on them and fish. Jeez, you should be so lucky it's early this year.

I was not my intention to be so cryptic.

The traditional trout opener in most parts of southern Ontario, as well as Algonquin Park, is the 4th Saturday,

This year Easter is the same weekend.

That just throws a wrench at some of my options.

No argument here, but brookies and Algonquin are often part of the opener for me.

There could be one problem with the opener happening a bit earlier and that the lakes in the north part of algonquin

could be still iced over especially this year with the weather we have had !

Guest gbfisher

The best steelhead fishing is over by the opener anyhow.

Opener is for resident fish.

I couldn't agree more. The season ends for me and I'll be setting up for the first of the following month that weekend anyway. :)

With extended seasons this may not be much of an issue for many, but it is a bit of a hiccup for some plans. :angry:

I know there will be a bunch of people fishing the river mouths with me on Friday. :stretcher:

Thanks for pointing this out!

I always thought opener was the last Sat. in April regardless of how many Saturdays in the month.

I would prefer a non-holiday weekend.