BPS Spring Classic sale

Anyone catch thier Stateside commercial on Speedtv? Their sale is the week before ours,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT,,,,,,,,,,They show the same flyer as the one here with the same pricing? :dunno:

Edited by Misfish

Anyone catch thier Stateside commercial on Speedtv? Their sale is the week before ours,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT,,,,,,,,,,They show the same flyer as the one here with the same pricing? :dunno:

Actually, if you compare the flyers, some prices are the same, some are lower and some are even higher in the US.

Can anyone help me out here?

I'll be there on the Sunday GBW and I have no problem picking one up for you if no one is getting there sooner. PM me if you want me to. We can figure out how to get it across TO pretty easy I would think.

AVOID at all costs BassPro reels. They are awful. Their rods on the other hand are very good as are their lures. For some reason they really produce terrible reels. There are many better, cheaper reels to purchase.

Edited by Snidley

AVOID at all costs BassPro reels. They are awful. Their rods on the other hand are very good as are their lures. For some reason they really produce terrible reels. There are many better, cheaper reels to purchase.

I have 2 bait casters and one with the flipping feature.No issues as of yet.4 yrs. Im thinking you got a bad reel and expressing your OP. :dunno:

I had a BPS reel that I didn't like and sold it and the new user loves it, go figure.

The JMS series is the companies pride and joy so it should be better then the other BPS branded ones.

just saying...

I have 2 bait casters and one with the flipping feature.No issues as of yet.4 yrs. Im thinking you got a bad reel and expressing your OP. :dunno:

Have you had the reel for 4 years or have you fished with it for 4 years? In your case there is a big difference. lol :lol:

GBW buy a $3 ice reel from walmart for the trade in and you get and extra like $20 or $30 bucks back depending on the original price.

Have you had the reel for 4 years or have you fished with it for 4 years? In your case there is a big difference. lol :lol:

They got well used for 4 years smart :asshat::tease:

They are now 6 years old.LOL

Edited by Misfish

So, what new rod to buy to go with the new baitcaster? the St. Croix Triumph, Wright & McGill Skeet Reese Signature Series or Gary Loomis TFO Signature one? For the rod I have $100 to spend and it's going to be a backup to sit in the boat when needed (well, that's the plan). It will be a jerkbait rod for casting and trolling. Thoughts?

This guy's in the dark. Buy a $200 BPS reel and tell me its junk....

I know I'm going to be spending alot lol lost alot of my tackle this year when it was stolen. But I have a quick question I'm buying a St. Croix rod for flipping and I am wondering if the Pro Qualifier or the Nitro would be best I may use it for crankbaiting the odd time but likely will use my other St. Croix.

I don;t see much for deals to be honest. My local tackle stores everyday prices are cheaper. 3 quarters of the flyer isn;t even sale prices.

eg pfeuger supreme xt 149 at basspro. 129 every day of the week at local tackle store

pfeuger patriarch 199 on sale 20 off. local tackle store 189 all year.

electronics and trolling motors are marked up crazy to begin with.

check your prices people email your local tackle stores or check your online stores before you buy into their sale prices.

This guy's in the dark. Buy a $200 BPS reel and tell me its junk....

I know I'm going to be spending alot lol lost alot of my tackle this year when it was stolen. But I have a quick question I'm buying a St. Croix rod for flipping and I am wondering if the Pro Qualifier or the Nitro would be best I may use it for crankbaiting the odd time but likely will use my other St. Croix.

I have a PQ and like it but I would buy the JMS at the BPS sale for 89.99!

If I had $200 to spend, there are a lot of reels I would look at before touching a BPS model. I am with Snidley.

Thats a fair statement but Mr Snidley statement that BPS reels are awful is not necessarily accurate, he must be talking about the 30 dollar reels! :lol:

The BPS branded equipment that I have is pretty good!

I don;t see much for deals to be honest. My local tackle stores everyday prices are cheaper. 3 quarters of the flyer isn;t even sale prices.

eg pfeuger supreme xt 149 at basspro. 129 every day of the week at local tackle store

pfeuger patriarch 199 on sale 20 off. local tackle store 189 all year.

electronics and trolling motors are marked up crazy to begin with.

check your prices people email your local tackle stores or check your online stores before you buy into their sale prices.

I must have a different flyer than you because is see some pretty good deals!!!

To each his own!

So, what new rod to buy to go with the new baitcaster? the St. Croix Triumph, Wright & McGill Skeet Reese Signature Series or Gary Loomis TFO Signature one? For the rod I have $100 to spend and it's going to be a backup to sit in the boat when needed (well, that's the plan). It will be a jerkbait rod for casting and trolling. Thoughts?

any thoughts here or should I start a new post?