Frogg Toggs

GBW

Hey all.

So I was in the study this morning and found these Frogg Toggs Toadz ToadSkinz Bibs for Men in the BPS catalog. Anyone here have them? For the price at $50 for a bib pant and another $50 for a jacket, is this brand good? Thanks.

http://www.basspro.com/Frogg-Toggs-Toadz-ToadSkinz-Bibs-for-Men/product/10204963/-1660279

Geoff

They are a little light duty for me, but they are good rain gear. If you intend to use this stuff in the spring or fall, I wouldn't reccomend them. They are like paper. I had a full rain suit by them, and it didn't make it thru the first season. They are nice and light for those muggy summer rainstorms though....

S.

I prefer the columbia omni tech pants. While they are not the bib style, they are very comfortable, light weight and can slip on over any pant you are wearing if the rain comes quick. The pockets are open meaning they will go through to the pant underneath so you can get at the pockets of what you were wearing before the rain pants. You can get those for around $40.

http://www.basspro.com/Columbia-Thunderstorm-II-Rain-Pants-for-Men/product/103920/-1639736

you can get the matching jacket for around $60 to $70 so it is almost in the price range you have mentioned.

http://www.basspro.com/Columbia-Watertight-Rain-Jackets-for-Men/product/10204961/-1786183

I use these and I can fish all day when it rains and not sweat underneath in the heat of the summer.

Thank you all for the replies. My main use for then will be as an added layer in the spring and fall (for warmth over what I have on and to keep dry) as well as summer use. I like the bib style more so there is no gap between the jacket and pant.

my dad has a pair of the pants and a jacket, he keeps them in the saddlebag on his motorcycle for when he gets caught in the rain. they're really light and pack down nice and small. he does have a small hole in one leg as it brushed up against the exhaust. i dont know how much warmth you'll get from them, they're almost a paper material

I have found that the last two items I have purchased by columbia have been VERY poorly made. bad zippers and stitching coming apart all over the place so this is why I was looking at the Frogg Toggs. Any others out there that are good for $100?

I have found that the last two items I have purchased by columbia have been VERY poorly made. bad zippers and stitching coming apart all over the place so this is why I was looking at the Frogg Toggs. Any others out there that are good for $100?

Geoff, I bought a Perma rain suit from CTC a couple years ago and I'm really happy with it.... I can't remember exactly how much I paid for but it was around $60.00 - $70.00 price range for the jacket and pants.

Good quality if you ask me :)

Try the Viking brand from Marks Work wearhouse. I have a set that has been pretty good for a while now. They will keep you dry for a while, but if its really pooring, you get wet in anything.

You should really just pay the money, and get one good set. By the time you go thru a few cheaper sets, you'll wish you did. The BPS 100mph gortex gear is pretty hard to beat for the price. The redhead bonedry brand of gear is also not bad. You really don't get much for $100 these days.

S.

Another vote for the BPS 100 MPH. The only downside for this top gear is the advertising you have to wear. All that gingerbread bugs me largely.

The BPS Pro qualifier or Cabelas guidewear are good choices if you aren't into promoting BPS so much.

Gander MTN just came out with a new lineup of rainwear http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=433112&pdesc=Gander_Mountain_GSX_Mens_Fishing_Parka&aID=501B5&merchID=4006

They also have the TechH20 lineup. Personally I'd go with something thicker than the toggs unless you are just using them for warm summer rain.

I'm okay with getting one item at a time. so spending $100 on a bib and then later $100 on a new jacket (I have one still in good shape) then that works too. I think the BPS stuff is over priced to be honest, I may find a better product out there from the hunting side I think.

i got a pair about 5 years ago and although they are getting pretty bare, i keep using them to break the wind and light rain. i did buy a new pair last year and to date i haven't taken them out of the bag. for the price they are a great asset in lightweight rain gear