My take on the show

misfish

First I got to say,great to see you again Lew.

Now for the show.

As soon as I walked in,there was the candy.New ranger bass boats.DROOOOOOOL.

A nice chat with Lew,and we were on our seperate ways. I was on a mission to find a fishing boat.There was the Lunds,smokercrafts,starcraft,tritons,ledgen and lowes. I looked at them all,well all that were there, and what I was looking for. The final stop was with the lowes guys. I will be talking more with them later in the spring,as they have what I want and can help me sell my bayliner.

There were a few speakers. Ron James,Wil Wigman and this guy was there too.Good to see, thats for sure.

Big Jim

20110218_07.jpg

During my tour in this,what I will call, a huge tackle store,I ran into,many old friends and met a few new ones. Henry,Simon Frost,David Chong,JP Derose,Steve rotham??,I forget this guys name,but I seen the OFC hat and said hi, and a guy I didnt even recognize,Brandon. Was good to see him again.

Also met my not so twin,Dax. :whistling:

Seen the ultimate ice fishing trailer.15,000 bucks.I,ll stick with my flip.LOL

20110218_05.jpg

Oh I met this other guy and his better half,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

20110218_06.jpg

Nice to finaly meet you phil and Maureen.

The show was ok,IMO.Nothing really great,prices were fair I thought. I spent around 170 bucks. Picked up a new 3pc Rapala float rod for 30% off some bass magnet tube baits and two shirts for the grandchildren.A signed print of ,Off the dock.

20110218_08.jpg

There One taxidermy. Man what work this guys does.

20110218_03.jpg

20110218_02.jpg

20110218_01.jpg

This is fav by far that I have ever seen.

20110218_04.jpg

Just got back.. prices are fair for the Rods and Reels, nothing really caught my eye..

I did load up on the Kopper Live Target stuff..

I find that LeBaron has better prices especially if you have a membership...

I did find a last season's G-Loomis Soft Shell Jacket from Pro J Tackle for $80 (Reg. $150)

Thanks again Brian, always good hooking up with you.

I knew going down there today that I didn't need anything and that's exactly what I bought....nothing. :lol:

Always good to come home with the same amount of $$$$ I left the house with :thumbsup_anim:

It's a good show this year and I spent 3 hours just wandering around looking at stuff and yakking with folks I know down there.

Anyone heading there this weekend should really enjoy themselves.

I was also at the show and thought I recognized a couple guys walking around including Lew and if I was not mistaken Brandon and saw a few of the OFC hats on people that I didn't recognize. As far as the show goes it was just ok nothing special and I did not find anything I really needed food and drinks are very expensive bring your own if you can.

It was nice seeing you again Brian! Lew, I heard you were there but I couldn't find ya. I also chatted quite a bit with Steve Rowbotham. I'll be there wandering around all day tomorrow. I'll be wearing shorts, a blue hoodie, and have a camera around my neck - say hi if you see me!

Edited by brandon

ok, im off to see what all the fuss is about at the show.

if ya spot me , say hello.

i will be in a winter denim jacket at kelly will be in her purple jacket, daniel will be there wearing his sea cadet jacket.

i will have to leave by 1 pm to take my son to the airport, he is flying out to BC for 9 days training.

hope to see some OFNers out there.

daniel will be there wearing his sea cadet jacket.

i will have to leave by 1 pm to take my son to the airport, he is flying out to BC for 9 days training.

Hey Dann, I was in Sea Cadets about a million years ago, but the only trips we ever took back then were to row a boat around Toronto Harbour.

Boy, have times ever changed :lol:

ok, im off to see what all the fuss is about at the show.

if ya spot me , say hello.

i will be in a winter denim jacket at kelly will be in her purple jacket, daniel will be there wearing his sea cadet jacket.

hope to see some OFNers out there.

Dann,

I probably just missed you guys. My son in law and I left the show at 11:15. Would of been nice to meet miss Kelly and see Daniel decked out in his uniform.

Edited by pikeslayer

I gotta say, I like this show better than the sportsmen show. It's pretty much dedicated to fishing, free parking, all the vendors I care to see and good location. Left the house @ 8:45 & home by 12:45.

I just picked up some odds & ends; line, terminal tackle & lowrance structure scan.

I met Maureen from 'Off the Dock' and picked up a pink onesie For granddaughter Leah.

It was nice to get out and start thinking about spring.Back to the hard water tomorrow.

Show was good...there were some deals to be had.

Picked up a 7'6" MH St. Croix Mojo Bass - normally $129.99 + tax - for $110 tax-in at Tightlines.

LiveTargets were also on at one of the retailers for buy 4, get one free.

Saw Bob's seminar which was cool.

Edited by ADB