Holy windy out there batman

Joey

Another interesting outting on Simcoe today. I know they called for 35 kph winds, but man, it was brutal. We all thought we were gonna lose our huts down the ice. I can't believe they didn't flip over :o

Anyhoooo, Terry brought up the first, a nice whitey

5439664704_c093d327d4_b.jpg

I brought up the second, a nice laker

5439666704_9475e687ed_b.jpg

You'll notice the pics were taken from inside huts. It was catch one, run to the next hut for a pic, then back to your own hut :lol: Some people did fish without a hut out there tho, I was quite surprised to see that!!!

Then came trouble. Poor Lloyd's sled decided it was time to quit. Ron towed him over, then ran him back to his truck at Jackson's Point, then came back. Lloyd had to drive around and meet the guys at BBP. Paul towed it to there, following Ron, taking Keith along for the ride.

Sorry about your ride Lloyd, but I'm sure you'll have her fixed up in no time.

Ron hitchhiking :lol:

5439667764_4b96f5fd1c_b.jpg

Booger check :o:lol: No Ron, you're all clear :P

5439063551_605dbb69a6_b.jpg

5439671104_86e83c7214_b.jpg

No, its not too windy :rolleyes:

5439066759_570fd7ccf4_b.jpg

Getting ready to tow the sled back to shore

5439675352_3e9edbbb05_b.jpg

And they're off!!!

5439073137_c2039062d1_b.jpg

Called it a day early today. Just too windy and the fish seemed to stop biting after the first two.

Great to see you again Ron, its been too long. Nice seeing you again Terry, Lloyd and Keith. See you soon :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

Being on foot, I'm glad I stayed off Simcoe this morning. Got set up a little further north before the wind got stupid....man was that insane. Really nice laker, Joey....and Terry that whitefish is makin me hungry! I'm stunned that Lloyd got outfished....by TERRY! :whistling: Hope you get your sled fixed soon Lloyd....

it was an interesting day for sure

hope Lloyd has an easy time getting his sled fixed

I have lots of video of whitefish swimming around ignoring my bait

here is a taste

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i3-Ktrzk8lU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Terry

Thanks guys, ya, it was a tad nippy, but I'm still glad I went. Trout for dinner :thumbsup_anim:

FYI, here is the stomach contents, be advised, kinda gory :o

5439808176_285c1f7668_b.jpg

Yowzer Joey.... that laker ate pretty well :w00t: No kidding about the wind today, I was out this morning until about noon.... fish had turned off then.... made it back home and it's still windy :blink:

Great report and pics :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing

Leechman

it was an interesting day for sure

hope Lloyd has an easy time getting his sled fixed

I have lots of video of whitefish swimming around ignoring my bait

here is a taste

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i3-Ktrzk8lU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kewl video, was out there also,and was a little breezy,kept the flies away tho. came away with 0 for 1

tomorrow is another day

EC1, lots of people walked, but it was a hard go with drifts and slush spots. One of our buckets blew down the ice and I went after it, hard to walk in both the drifts and the slush, and I got two wet boots for it. Good thing I had good, waterproof boots on.

Try where there are good snowmobile trails that are packed down.

Joey

Good on ya for fishing through the crap today. Crappy about loyds sled. I fired mine up to head back to shore today and it didn't sound right. Under the hood was completely rammed with snow from all the wind. :stretcher: I cleaned alot of it out and said to my buddy if i don't ice up a carb on the way back it'll be a miracle, but we made it back.... :thumbsup_anim:

I swear that at 4:30 this morning,it was great outside.

Glad ya got the sled back safe and sound. My god,did Terry catch another fish.Mans on a roll. Good on ya bud.

It was great, right until about 8am after we got the hut set up and lines in...

I went out to Simcoe for the first time today with a couple of buddies and my gf, and we ended up in side the hut all morning holding the walls from collapsing or breaking..

Does the weather always get that bad out there? You would have though they might have a wind advisory or something warning people not to go out :dunno:

Oh well, hopefully we get another chance to go before ice out. I want my first "lake" trout lol.