Shimano Curado

addy79

I'm thinking of picking one of these reels up, havent use a low profile baitcaster in a while now.

Any of you familiar with this model and willing to share some feedback?? reviews online seem to be pretty good.

Any other reels you would like to suggest?

thanks!

I GOT A 300 E for xmas. I havent used it yet, but it came well recomended by some of the members is here.I will be using it this year coupled with a 7 foot Compre.It looks and feels really well made. I cast a few times with a bell sinker in my back yard, and its smooth as silk.

Adam, what happened to discussing your new reel options with ME!? Lol, the curado is probably the best value for a mid-range baitcaster. The Bass pro and quantium reels in the same price range will have more bearings and might be smoother for a couple months but their durability is questionable. The Curado also has a much smoother drag than these reels. I would suggest the curado 50e for your needs. Same size as the Core 50 but with an aluminum frame instead of magnesium.

I have 2 Quantum PT Tour reels, one normal and one burner, and by far the curado's have proven to be more durable, have fewer backlashes and are more forgiving. The Quantum's have been downgraded to be used for slop fishing, the 6 curado's are used for jigging, worms, finess, spinner baits and crank baits

This far this is the best reel ive ever used, i own the 200e7 and the e5 for crankin'. It's true.. ive been spoiled by this reel i dont think i dont want to buy another reel. I might be being biased, but hands down this reel is awesome for its cost and my reels have been through so much abuse it hasn't failed on me once yet. =)

Meh, the Curado is nothing special.... It's a good reel, but for the money you can get better value than a Curado....

I think a lot of the times guys are suckered into the flashy marketing campaigns and pro's endorsements of Shimano products, and well the whole point of that is to make the layman feel like a pro.... If that's the basis for judging reels, Shimano beats everyone in this catagory.

Don't get me wrong I love my Shimano reels to death (makes me feel like a pro) but there is more out there!!!!

Probably 95 % of the guys I fished with in tournaments used the old green Curados. A dependable reel, easy to get parts for if you ever had a problem with one, and they last, a consideration if you don`t have sponsers giving you free reels to advertise. I still know people buying the old ones on ebay, for those reasons.

The 200E7 was my first real baitcast reel and I used it day in and out for over 80 days of summer frog fishing in heavy cover this past summer...no lie i fished this reel every single day and to be honest the reel never once let me down. I could pitch a 1/2oz jig cut the line then tie on a slop frog fire it a loong way without any adjustments of the brakes etc, next i put on a senko and the story continues...this reel is made to work...think of any imperfections from previous Curado's and fix all of those problems and BAM there is your new E series Curado's.

This reel is very versatile and with a little care this will work for a very long time. My reel looks brand new and I fished it more than lot's of people would in a season.

Get the reel, if you have more money buy the obvious upgrade and why not get a Chronarch or Core.

Good luck with the purchase,

MTBF

Meh, the Curado is nothing special.... It's a good reel, but for the money you can get better value than a Curado....

I think a lot of the times guys are suckered into the flashy marketing campaigns and pro's endorsements of Shimano products, and well the whole point of that is to make the layman feel like a pro.... If that's the basis for judging reels, Shimano beats everyone in this catagory.

Don't get me wrong I love my Shimano reels to death (makes me feel like a pro) but there is more out there!!!!

And in the same price range what is comparable? Just wondering, for 180 or a little over 200 I don't think there really is better reels to campair against....Revo STX maybe but it's still a higher priced reel.

No debate, just wondering :unsure: