what song are you listening to right now???

We just last Saturday had out "John and Fay Beird 11th Annual Labour Day Fundraiser Invitational Lakeshore Golf Classic". Try putting that on a trophy. Every year rather than choosing a faceless corporation that raises millions a year and maybe, and that's a maybe 10 cents of every dollar raised gets to that person that is in need due to illness. We have a close knit community here on the lakeshore of Erie, Selkirk to be exact and for the last 9 years unfortunately we always seem to have someone we know that needs some help. So every penny we raise goes to that person. This year we raised $4000.00 for Ronnie. If anyone is familiar with the old Hamilton bar bands he is Ronnie of "Ronnie and the Rockets". One of the most famous horn players in Canada, Sonny Del Rio of Crowbar fame plays sax in the band. Ronnie is fighting to keep his feet due to complications due to Diabetes. He picked up an electric wheelchair with some of the funds we raised this week and had a smile on his face that has been missing for a while. For the 3rd year we has "Detour" perform for us. Ronnie played for us for years before he became ill. Detour is a great 4 piece rock band that sounds more like 7 musicians up there. Book them, a great price cheaper than a DJ I bet.

I do a song with then every year as I'm on stage anyway making a fool of myself as MC. Mustang Sally is the traditional song I butcher it more and more every year. I actually took the time to learn all the lyrics for "Born in the Bayou" this year but forgot to ask the guys if they knew it. Probably the only ditty they don't know. I'm always asked to sing " Far, far away".

Sing along with me, " When I was a little boy, standin' to my Daddy's knee,,,,,,,,,,,,"

Not bad, not bad.

Ronnie is at St. Peters in Hamilton and would love to see some old friends and new ones too. He would love a visit.

Edited by Old Ironmaker