what song are you listening to right now???

hahah wow people are far too redneck around here.

i figured maybe 1 person on this entire forum would listen to something other than country music and classic rock lmao

I listen to everything.... Except country lol! It's whiney pop music.... No thanks.

And to prove it I saw Lil' Wayne live..... I like it all....

But country.

Lol

G

there's good rap, there's good country, there's good metal, there's good just about everyhting

there is no good pop.

Ok, here's one for you then. What exactly would you classify bands like Supertramp, Yes and Blondie as? Pop can be kind of a vague term, definitely not one I like to use. If you're talking about "pop" from the last 20 years then yes, I agree there isn't anything good.

Yes and Supertramp are progressive rock, Blondie not too familiar with but probably pop.

What dave said.

Blondie were pioneers of new wave/punk so that's where i'd put them myself

Pop or Popular Music can be any genre by definition but what defines it to me is derivative drivel, usually written for the performer by someone else, hailing from a boardroom instead of a stinky garage, where the main point is to make someone (typically the record company) a lot of money. Don't get me wrong, every musician deserves to get paid but....

What dave said.

Blondie were pioneers of new wave/punk so that's where i'd put them myself

Pop or Popular Music can be any genre by definition but what defines it to me is derivative drivel, usually written for the performer by someone else, hailing from a boardroom instead of a stinky garage, where the main point is to make someone (typically the record company) a lot of money. Don't get me wrong, every musician deserves to get paid but....

In that case I 100% agree, and there are plenty of rock groups that would fall into that category as well.