what song are you listening to right now???

I've never popped up on this thread because the last time I watched the Grammy Awards I had no idea who anyone was or was familiar with the music, that was until I heard some of the performances. The best I've heard, and seen recently on PBS was Motown 25, a celebration of Motown's 25th anniversary, outstanding. Many of the performances I got chills. Even the Jackson 6 I enjoyed, even Mikey and his white glove. Theres good music and then there is Country Western. I enjoy the newer stuff i.e. Jason Aldeen (sic?) but not the Conway Twitty and George Jones era.

I strongly recommend WMCE radio online. It is Mercy Hurst University's station from Erie Pa. I can get it on the radio when I'm close to the lakeshore and it is a great station. No set format, every DJ has his or her own style. There is a trend towards 60'3 and 70's in the morning, Motown , R&B and Blues in the afternoons and all Rock in the evenings usually. No news, sports every hour a short local weather report. Once an hour a Beatle tune must be played. Saturday AM until noon is Latino and Sunday AM it is 100% Polka. Something for everyone, except Country Western. Check it out.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Outstanding :)

Thanks Mike. Really enjoyed this. I just looked up Post Modern Jukebox and its all fantastic. Thanks for introducing me to them.

They are playing at the Danforth Music Hall on June 6th and would love to go see them, but I'm already booked for fishing.

Edited by manjo39

Today's throw back.....

Today's throw back.....

Classic tune--and Happy Lew'O-Clock

Off to Gamebridge in a bit--Tunes Live and loud NOW is.....standby...Tom Lavin--Powder Blues Band-Canadians eh--"Hear that Guitar Ring"-coffee is done

Hamilton Ontario--birth place of band Teenage Head?--cats were way ahead of there time--imo

Have a wicked weekend

ID1

Appreciated Christopher k--Steely Dan/Donald Fagen Anything is a musical gift--Night Fly is a cool tune too

Drifter 016--You're on dude--fortunate to have some time to listen tonite--snacks suck-lol--Costco Kirkland Roasted Seaweed Winter Harvest-at least the beer is cold-ha

Always somewhat fearful to inquire about OFC peeps dogs--still have that gorgeous white and black boat hound?

Take care

Paul

p.s.-enjoyed the concert-played some of it thru my Roland KC-350 drum monitors full tilt-talented players to-be-sure-really liked the drummer--This is Revenge-lol

Edited by icedude

Appreciated Christopher k--Steely Dan/Donald Fagen Anything is a musical gift--Night Fly is a cool tune too

Drifter 016--You're on dude--fortunate to have some time to listen tonite--snacks suck-lol--Costco Kirkland Roasted Seaweed Winter Harvest-at least the beer is cold-ha

Always somewhat fearful to inquire about OFC peeps dogs--still have that gorgeous white and black boat hound?

Take care

Paul

p.s.-enjoyed the concert-played some of it thru my Roland KC-350 drum monitors full tilt-talented players to-be-sure-really liked the drummer--This is Revenge-lol

Yeah the silly goober is still going strong. ;)

10647065_965759740117032_513633910674466