opinion on next world record

zman

Ontario s next records

Lake Ontario- Wolf Island Muskie

Bay of Quinte Pickeral(Lake Ontario sort of)

Lake Ontario Toronto Island Pike

Lake Ontario Toronto Island Small Mouth

Lake Ontario Chinook

Lake Ontario Rainbow Trout

Lake Ontario Brown Trout

Lake Ontario Carp

What else is there

-There have been musky cought in the st. Laurence with enough length but not girth.

-There have been musky cought in Lake Erie with enough girth but not lenght.

-Georgian bay seems to be somewere in the middle, and has coughed up 2 legitimate fish over 60lbs.

-With global warming increasing the growth rate of warmwater species in northern climates, I think some of the large canadian shield lakes have a chance too.

I think any one of these could do it, but if I were to put my money on one, it would be georgian bay.

Muskie records are the most disputed of all freshwater fish records , No ones mentioned the SPRAY fish 69 lb 11 ounce , claims he got in the Chippewa flowage , Art Lawton said he had a 69 lb 15 ounce from the St. Lawrence River ,Cal Johnson's muskie ,67-lb, 8-ounce ,Lac Courte Oreilles in Wisconsi.Like Marc says untill one over 61 lbs is caught and killed and stands up to all tests we are only guessing that one bigger even exsists. It would take ideal condistions over a number of years for a fish to grow this size . Time records are bassed on lengh and girth and forget the whole weight thing , Any muskie over 45 inches is a fish of a life time .

In 1988 there was a lot more forage in Georgian bay. There is not a world record fish in Georgian Bay right now. (Wayne. That CO don't know diddle.)

I think we need to pick a location based on food supply not the size of the water body.

Where is the best muskie food :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: ? That is the question. Who has the answer?

Lake Nipissing,, French River , Sturgeon River...

I have one on my wall that is 51 1/2 " that weighed 48 lbs 2oz..

I had one come and grab a walleye on my line this fall that dwarfed the 51"incher

I'm guessing that is was about 60lbs or so...Sturgeon River..

the new record might even come from a lake that nobody knows about...like Murray or Kukagami

even Nepewassi... who knows?

My money lies with Nipissing the French or the Sturgeon River.

I had one come and grab a walleye on my line this fall that dwarfed the 51"incher

I'm guessing that is was about 60lbs or so...Sturgeon River..

the new record might even come from a lake that nobody knows about...like Murray or Kukagami

even Nepewassi... who knows?

My money lies with Nipissing the French or the Sturgeon River.

51.5 that weighed 48 lbs, you weight this fish?? I would love to see that thing, what did it have 27-28 inch girth?? man I want to see that thing.

Paul

I'm going to echo Ron and say Lake Simcoe.The condition of the fishery with big perch,huge smallies a put and take smorgasborg of fatty lakers and whitefish,a herring moratorium,smelt coming back.Nobody allowed to fish for one.God if I was a musky I wouldn't need to look at a lure.She's already there.Probably die before anyone catches her.

Kerry

sorry ...my mistake... the plaque says 42lbs 8oz..fat yes.

but NOT 48 lbs. sorry guys.

my wife tells me to tell you that she told me to correct it..

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

I gotta say GBay, specifically Massassauga. Endless amounts of habitat, lack of fishing pressure, access to big water and massive amount of feed.

Although, upper Niagara holds quite a few fish My oldman tied into 2 muskie's fishing for smallmouth bass a few yeas back, landed one 38lbs, 45inch 5 mins later had another one on even bigger, broke the line. This was on bass tackle, lol we were fishing for smallmouth 6lb test, little hooks, small minnows...

I know the lower Niagara has some big fish, atleast one or two big fish (40lb+) get caught during the St.Catharines Salmon Derby at the mouth of the river...

This is all based on personal opinion :)

...he still can't buy a fish on Lake Temagami though! LOL

NO but possibly the Ontario Record Laker will... maybe even break a world record for Walleye in Baie Jeanne.. Temagami has big pike, caught a 28lb there myself back in '03 ..@ Sandy Inlet.

I lived In Temagami for a few years and know the lake pretty well myself.

Potential Record Lake: but No Muskies....but if there were Temag' could probably grow a record.

i will say nipissing but for a good reason.

I alot on here dont think lake nipisisng should be mentioned. but with the season being extended past the oct 15th closing of years past. you can now fish for muskie as they really put the feed bag on. I was in callandar in august and a guy live released a 59pound muskie in front of a mnr guy. The mnr guy told me that the fish woudl be a record if it was caught again in november.

I never got to see the fish, i missed it by 10 minutes but did see the pictures on the guys digital camera. It was simpy the biggest fresh water fish i have ever seen! It was caught on a suick about 100 yards from shore.

The mnr person sold me on the fact that there are huge muskie in nip. and the record is very possible to be caught there.

wherever its caught it sure is going to be a montser of a fish.

CHeers!